Any Experts Here On Computer Speakers?

fishtankfish

Ok, I have a question about computer speakers. My sound card is a Audigy 2 ZS.

Would it be better to get the Logitech Z-5500s which are digital input or get the Klipsch Promedia Ultra 5.1 which are analog. I know most people say digital is better but i've seen several reviews that put the Klipsch system ahead of the Z-5500s. What is everyone's opinions?

klipshe owns any other set of computer speakers around. analouge is fine, digital is fine, they both sound ok, i have some klipshe home theater speakers pplugged into my reciever, and im useing analouge, they soudn amazing. klipshe is the way to go man.

I would go with the klipsch if you don't care about appearences. The logitechs are very sexy looking, with a cool Blue LCD, slick kinda look. And the klipsch have nothing really apecial in apearence because they put more of there time on the sound quality of them :)

Remember 1 thing when shopping for speakers and you want a good subwoofer. Weigh it.If it's heavy you are good to go. If it's not, the magnet in back of the subwoofer isn't big enough which means ( not enough bass..)..So weight is a factor here.

Edited by RadioActivated

Remember 1 thing when shopping for speakers and you want a good subwoofer. Weigh it.If it's heavy you are good to go. If it's not, the magnet in back of the subwoofer isn't big enough which means ( not enough bass..)..So weight is a factor here.

386774[/snapback]

Considering I'll be ordering online, i dont think i can weigh them. :blink:

It sounds like overall Klipsch is winning.

The digital input's nice if you ever want to use them with game consols or other such things, with the Klipsch you have to purchase a decoder (bout 100 bucks i think) If you arent super uber anal about every precise sound I would suggest a set of z-680s. They cost less, sound good, digital, and has a remote. I'm pretty anal so I went with the klipsch ultra. I LOVE them, but be warned, klipsch does has a reputation for breaking or having a sattelite die, I know, mine did. But they are very good about honoring warrantys and repairs.

I have the Z-5500s and all i have to say is the sound is amazing. I dont care what anyone says these things are so loud and clear its crazy and the digital input does make a difference, it makes it PERFECT. id recommend the Z-5500s.

Both the z-680's/z-5500's are truly awesome. I went for the z-680's because I got them for $200 shipped. From what I have heard the z-5500's are a bit better, but they are more expensive. The only thing I don't like about the z-5500's is that the speaker wire is not interchangable with standard speaker wire. If you want to increase the length of a surrond speaker for example, you have to but a extension cable that has a RCA style connector. With the z-680's you can use whatever speaker wire you like. The speaker wire that logitech includes with the z-680's are a joke. They were probably around 20 guage wiring. I got some better 16 guage wiring for piece of mind.

For the money the z-680's are the best. However any of the mentioned speakers are awesome.