So What New Technologies Face Us In 2005?

shervin2

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well for a fact We know that the 64 Bit version of Windows will come out.

383139[/snapback]

Never EVER us the phrase "infact" or "we know" when refering to Microsoft.

It is "highly likely" that WinXP64 will be out. Longhorn WILL be postponed to at least 2006, but i would prefer they sent it to 07 and reincorpurate some thigns into it.

New graphics cards ARE commign out. AMD is due for Dual core in August-October, and Intel will follow a few months later. Hopefully we will see the start of a new Memory technology because DDR2 is fadeing fast. Posibly FB-Dimms, or XDR RAM...

:blink:

Is the R520 or whatever the X850XT? Or is it something newer than that?

383848[/snapback]

The X850 is based on the R480 core. This is just a refined R420. It uses a smaller 110nm die, thus consuming less power. Clock speeds are 540/1180 as opposed to the X800 XT PE's speed of 520/1120. Most X800s will hit this with ease, so it's not really a big deal. I actaully clocked mine at X850 speeds once I found out about it. Just to make myself feel on top of things. Then X800 died......... :(

R520 is a totally different core. It will boast 32 pixel pipelines and 8 vertex shaders. It will support SM3.0 and all the latest and greatest hi-tech goodies I have no clue what clock speeds will be, but I can garantee I will be pre-ordering one!

IDK about all this, i mean realyl take i when it gets here and who knows what we'll have at thsi tiem next year. I mean reallly thsi time last year i was running a 1.8 celeron in my HP with a 5200 PCI and actualy liked it....Now i have a 2.66 P4 OCed and a 6800 (also OCed)....big change :D So in another year who knows im almost 100% sure i wont still have the most likely 754 A64 2800+/3000+ that im plannign on getting soon....or at least not in my main rig.