My Mod Status (56k Warning)

I've had a good christmas break sofar, I got a dremel for christmas, and the new case is on the way. As I sit here and wait for a brand new case to tear apart, I cant help but mod a little to wheten my apetite.

Here are the two mods I have done in the last 3 days:

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>PSU sanding:</span>

For this mod I took apart my PSU, masked off all the holes to protect the insides, and sanded off all the paint of the psu to give it a brushed aluminum look. I went from grits 350-400-600-800-1500 and left it at that for the look I wanted. I did almost everything with a sanding block.

6.jpg

original

5.jpg

after 4 hours

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>Dremel Tryouts</span>

As I said, I just got my new dremel for xmas. I got the XRR-400, which has been very good sofar. I don't have my new case yet, but I was able to tear into an old case I had laying around. Keep in mind this was my first time ever using a dremel tool. :)

9.jpg

the stencil I cut out and used (thrice logo)

1.jpg

a picture of the case after the mod. don't mind the circle on the top, I was bored later :)

8.jpg

a closer look at the dremel work

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>Future plans</span>

I have oh, so many plans for my next case. I ordered a chenmin 601 black case. I am going to be upgrading my watercooling setup for this case. I am going to replace my single heater core setup with a dual core setup from 2fresh over at Hardocp. He paints them and makes them look nice and still sells them for pretty cheap. I found a case in the case gallery that I got some inspiration from. I am going to intake air for the radiator in the front of my case, where the hard drives usually lay, and have it go through an acrylic duct and out the side of the case. This will isolate the heat from CPU, and hopefully keep the rest of the case cool, much like apple's latest offerings. It is a little hard to explain, so I am going to let the pictures do the talking:

2.jpg

newegg shot of my new case. Its a vanilla antec-style chassis

7.jpg

gibstuff3.jpg

This is where I got the original idea for the way I want to mount my radiator. I forgot the name of this guy, so credit goes to him wherever he is in cyberspace

3.jpg

This is a mockup I created for what I might want my case to look like. I am going to hide as much of the watercooling/drives as possible on the right. The oval is for the radiator exhaust.

4.jpg

Here is a sketch I created to better explain the ducting for the radiator. I wonder how much air 2 120mm panoflows will push onto my desk.. :P

The last plan I have is for aesthetics. I want to mount the radiator upside-down and have some water-tubing run outside the case and along the front bezel for about 6 inches. If I can pull this off while maintaining a clean look, I will.

Anyway. Tell me what you think of my completed mods/mods to come. Any feedback is appreciated. :)

PS: This is an example of 2fresh's work. I ordered a black radiator, with a light coat of silver on the fins, for $38.

Hip Hop Lyrics

Edited by ravix

I did a psu polishing a while back, i've put car wax on it to keep the shine it helped a lot ;)

Btw there's a whole lot of dust in there, might want to put filters on the fans

Edited by kobalt