Using F@h For Stability Test?

slayer2cool

hey people...its been a while since i pushed my cpu on my current Vcore setting :rolleyes: soo i was thinking, i heard that some of you guys mentioned using the F@H to test the stability of your pc system...i was wondering, what if i used it and well my system isnt stable... what is gonna happen? cos i been using Prime 95 to test it for like 6-10 hours..

and if its not stable, i would see an error message ;) and that is all, my pc wont crash or what..but i dont wanna use Prime 95 now, just wanna :foldon: soo yeah... i mean if it isnt stable, will my system crash and reboot? lol cos i dont like my pc to reboot or crash or hang :)

well why people say that f@h is a good stability test is because f@h is very picky about stability... On my old xp 2800+, I could oc to 2.6, and be perfectly stable in game and prime95, but f@h didnt like it. So I had to run my system @ 2.5 instead of 2.6.

I think folding @ home is probably going to make your computer crash rather than display an error message.

When you perform the stress test in prime95 is makes your computer calculate stuff and then matches the answers your computer produces with the real answers and if your computer has it wrong it tells you about it in the form of an error message.

Yea, Prime95 can test every aspect of your Motherboard-Ram-CPU system. And if there's one little teeny thing off about it, it will let you know.

[email protected] so much. It's probably not good to use Folding@home, cause if the overclock is unstable, you'll be wasting the F@H people's time, AND you get like, 12 points for handing in a WU that you didn't do right (Unstable system) so you'd be wasting your own time. Prime95 it, make sure it's stable, then fold like mad.