6600gt Agp

dac4n4d14n

this card needs to come out from evga and bfg and all the other nvidia card manufacterers! u guys have any idea how soon that'll be? i know the xfx is out, but i'd prefer another brand, plus its still a little expensive since its the only agp version out. hey what do u think are the chances that some of the cards will have disobey the reference board and have their heatsink straight in some way as to cover both the chip and the bridge? the tiltedness really bothers me.... :unsure:

Edited by dac4n4d14n

i just ordered this... http://www.newegg.com/app/viewProductDesc....-145-085&depa=1 i can't wait it's coming with all the other parts i ordered.

amd64 3400+

1gb Corsair Dual Channel pc3200

videocard obviously

WesternDigital 80gb SATA 7200rpm

Case is http://www.newegg.com/app/viewProductDesc....-144-036&depa=1

Dfi Lanparty nf3 UT

cd-rw is in my old computer 52xwhatever else

psu is the one in the case for now.

this card needs to come out from evga and bfg and all the other nvidia card manufacterers! u guys have any idea how soon that'll be? i know the xfx is out, but i'd prefer another brand, plus its still a little expensive since its the only agp version out. hey what do u think are the chances that some of the cards will have disobey the reference board and have their heatsink straight in some way as to cover both the chip and the bridge? the tiltedness really bothers me.... :unsure:

I think they'll all have the crooked heatsink but I say wait for the BFG it should be out before christmas.

yeah i was thinkin about gettin the standard 6800 cuz im impatient, but im trying to save as much as i can nowadays, and the 6800 is just a little bit more expensive. i believe $250 for the cheapest. while the 6600gt agp should be around $200 when theres competition for the xfx version. xfx right now is $220 or sumthin.

I'm usually impatient, but I really want to get a 6800GT, so I figure that I can save $100 out of each check +christmas money, until christmas, and I can get a 6800GT +hl2 +doom3 + something extra after christmas :-)

when i bought it i didn't know there was a difference between a ultra and regular so oh well. I just looked at some stats and reviews and such of a 6800gt regular and the speeds are great. I will have no problem with this card i jsut want my games to run smooth and flawlessly not to run at thge highest fps ever all though that would be ok i guess. oh and r_q you like that mb? how is it?

Yeah some site compared the 2 I thought it was Anandtech but I can't find it now. Ill keep looking for it and post it if I find it. I can't remember which one won.

its on toms hardware, 6600GT isn't that far behind..but for about 50 bucks cheaper I dunno if its worth it