Quite Water Cooling?

ir_cow

im about to turn my case completly quite, since i have a computer that im using right now with 9 fans at 27dba it kills me and i power supplie with 35dba + stock amd64 fan which im guessing is high.

so my question is. if i get the ZERo dba thermaltake PSU and the 6800's waterblock and cpu waterblock + hdd coolers the only sound i would have is the watercooling system, now whats the quites water system that will keep my system at altlest 40'c which is what my fans are doing. b/c theirs no point in water cooling if the sounds still there, i can stand around 25dba from one or 2 fans(radiator), or should i go with external system?

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah....the only noise you'd be hearing are the fans on the radiator.

and about the temps, you can expect temps around 25c/35c or so.

first off, how much do you want to spend? after that we can go from there. for about $150, you can get all you need for a silent system.

watercooling systems dont make noise....the radiator fan is so slow and big, it cools the water fast with low noise which is hardly noticable.. Also you need money because the water blokcs are like 150 already not icluding radiator nor pump nor resvoir.

watercooling systems dont make noise....

ignorant post

ur system fans will of course still make noise and i have a problem with my pump sometimes rattling and its kinda annoying

i have a 99% internal system(only the power cord to the pump goes outside my case) so if you have a external itll make considerallby less noise

waterblocks are liek 35 bucks big guy

Edited by Agallion

im ready to spend 500+ this sounds killing me

thanks, but now which system, i mean i can glue the pump down so it doesnt rattle but external sounds good too.

Edited by hornybluecow

well i think the most silent watercooling you can get is the zalman reserator 1 :) unfortunately, the reserator wasnt really meant for big OC unless your room is like 20C and below..but if its for normal usage, it rocks..ok maybe the half a meter reserator is abit too big for some but i find it really rocks man..

im about to turn my case completly quite, since i have a computer that im using right now with 9 fans at 27dba it kills me and i power supplie with 35dba + stock amd64 fan which im guessing is high.

so my question is. if i get the ZERo dba thermaltake PSU and the 6800's waterblock and cpu waterblock + hdd coolers the only sound i would have is the watercooling system, now whats the quites water system that will keep my system at altlest 40'c which is what my fans are doing. b/c theirs no point in water cooling if the sounds still there, i can stand around 25dba from one or 2 fans(radiator), or should i go with external system?

LOL. I've got 2 120mm fans putting out 30dba and 2 80mm putting 34dba and a 80mm putting out 37dba. And I think it's soooooo quiet. Mainly becuase I came from 4 80mm and a 92mm tornadoes. Xtreme A/C!!!!

I love my quiet W/C setup.

hey - timemachine - where do you buy your hardware????? LOL 150 bucks for a waterblock???? i got mine for 54 bucks unless you are talking canadian moneys ^_^

the only "true" quiet pc was that one that used all heat pipe tech and the case was infact a huge heatsink -- anytime you add any kind of fan your going to make noise

im water cooled and i have 4 120mm fans (2 on the rad - one in front of case - one in back) the chipset fan 40mm, an 80mm fan blowind on the graphix card heatsiinks due to the water cooling lack of air circulation, a 40mm fan from a pentium 1 120mhz processor on my ram, and my pump -- the pump is silent except a tiny little vibration noise but i cant even hear it when the fans are off - plus i have 2 80mm fans in my power supply

just becasuse you go water cooling dont dump all your fans LOL