Weldzilla 2 "a New Beginning" X-treme Mod!

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks worker. It was the most satifying build to date. There were a few times when it made me a little crazy. Not that the work was hard, there was just so much time soent measuring, re-measuring and making absolutley sure that as I prepared to weld the case back together that every thing was square and that the offset was just exactly what I needed to accomodate the drives. Leaving myself enough room for molex connectors, IDE plugs and water lines to and

from the radiator. I spent more time on the engineering than I did on the actual work! It was really great!! As I am getting started now on

WeldZilla 3 I am back at the engineering will probably be 2 weeks

before I actually get much of the physical work done. This case will be built entirely from scratch!! So it will be all mine. Modding is very satisfying work. Once you get used to the idea that it takes lots of time.

WZ

get to it daniel, just take your time. Stop every so often and just look at it awhile til the picture becomes clear. I tell people as a rule to go out and buy the absolute cheapest case they can possibly find! Hope fully it will only have on fan in the back. A real ventilation nightmare!! It must have no windows in it. Make sure it is plain. That is the best place to start. As you can see at the beginning of this thread WeldZilla 2 was just a large plain case. That is the best way to go. I say find a cheap case simply because many are first timers. Then it is up to you to put in the windows and to cure it's ventilation problems by cutting in and fitting more fans. Make bad airflow into good air flow. When it comes to painting your newly modded case. you need not sand it to bare metal you must break the glaze on the existing paint. Prime it the sand it with 600 grit clean it up good and then paint away. If you do not like the outcome try it again. What I do is sand the case inside and out I have had so much dust in the corners that I could not get out I just put the nozzle on the hose and give a good thorough rinse rolling the frame around til it is clean! Dry it and prime it. Hey when you get done you will have learned some about modding and be started on your way in the mod world!

WZ