I Hit The Jackpot

Whitelightning

So I drive by this guys house this afternoon....I see the guy putting out some trash and notice a couple cases and computer stuff. I stop and he says that it is all junk from his computer business (which just went under) but I could go through it and take whatever I want. I throw a couple of cases into my truck and some cd/roms, heatsinks and cables...

I am now home so I open up the cases...one is an emachine, it has a 40 gig maxtor, 52x cd/rom, 512 pc 2100 ram...I pop the heatsink off expecting a pentium 2 cpu....nope....amd 2500+...so I fire it up....the board is shot but I tried the cpu in my main system and it runs great as does the ram....now to the 2nd case...20 gig hd, 2x256 pc3200 Kingston ram....intel heatsink...ummmm a 600mhz maybe...nope...it is a pentium 2.4 ghz cpu....fired that one up and everything works...

By tomorrow I will have 2 more folding machines cause my kvm switch should be here....Some peoples trash is anothers treasure!!!!! :D:D:D

Freaking outstanding!!! The KVM will be sweet, I have two of them (Belkin). I am going to have to start calling in sick, so I can have more time to scavenge people's trash. Nice work! I think I will give up trying to catch you now. Maybe :ph34r: Muahhahhahhaa!!!

The thing is heavy...I estimate it to be in the 600-700gr range....an 80mm fan fits nice over it but to use it on the cpu or gpu I would have to rig up alot of support cause it would rip the card from the slot...Like you mentioned I could cut it up and use them as ram sinks....