Quiet But Powerful Pump

DrAwesomePhD

I currently have a Mag-3 pump. It works, i dont really have anything to compare it to because its my first setup, but it leaks. I have controled it, but it is in a bulky tupperware container which i just plain dont want. So, i realized also that the pump is decently loud. this computer is about 5 ft from the head of my bed, and i don tlike to turn it off, so does anyone have any suggestions for a very quiet pump, but also one that can hold its own, so to say.

Until it develops the evil clicking noise. I was looking at a Swiftech MCP-650 but I want to know what the noise is like, the specs seem like it's pretty loud but I dunno.. it might be quiet

you could go over to the sea life center in sunny yarmouth and nick one of their uber-pumps :lol:

yea bro!

dump that pump and don't mess with the other stuff.. Your about to learn an expensive lessen!

the mcp-650 you just can't go wrong with! The pump is (in my opinion) not loud. Comes with a dampening foam base, I never felt that I needed to install it. Only problem is the 1/2" barbs are slightly larger, so plan on a rough time getting your tubes on it. I think it is rated like 4.7gpm with -1 resistance so it has the flow!

get another PSU, cross the green with the black to turn it on, have it outside your case and turn your pump on with it keeping your case parts unpowered. Thus a leack happens your covered, just blow-dry the water up.

I learn the lessen of water on my componets by trying to use a fish-tank pump (not like the hydro series) and it cost me a 9800pro about 3 years back.... when the 9800 pro was selling for $400.

yea bro!

dump that pump and don't mess with the other stuff.. Your about to learn an expensive lessen!

the mcp-650 you just can't go wrong with! The pump is (in my opinion) not loud. Comes with a dampening foam base, I never felt that I needed to install it. Only problem is the 1/2" barbs are slightly larger, so plan on a rough time getting your tubes on it. I think it is rated like 4.7gpm with -1 resistance so it has the flow!

get another PSU, cross the green with the black to turn it on, have it outside your case and turn your pump on with it keeping your case parts unpowered. Thus a leack happens your covered, just blow-dry the water up.

I learn the lessen of water on my componets by trying to use a fish-tank pump (not like the hydro series) and it cost me a 9800pro about 3 years back.... when the 9800 pro was selling for $400.

It didn't explode.

You have one? Just how loud is it then? before my L30 started clicking it was virtually silent... and the specs say this pump is 30dBA at 2ft? Which... sounds like it's rather loud to me, my bed is only like 1ft away from my computer kinda thing.

Why another PSU?! There's not much need, just have a molex dangle out the back of the case?! I do for my radiator fans.