800fsb Or 1066 Fsb?

Caddy Daddy

hey guys, based on the info thats out about the upcoming 1066FSB intel processors, do you guys think of it. is it worth the waiting or do you think the preformance will not be that great. and do you think the 1066 processors will be outrageously priced. the reason i ask is because im building a new rig and want to get the best but the latest there is to get. any cooment is appreciated.

thanks

Edit: i think i posted in the wrong fourm, sorry my bad. Will not happen again.

Edited by Caddy Daddy

Well u seem somewhat price concious so i say build an AMD 64 setup lol. Here recently ive seen intel make alot of design errors and AMD seems to be makign the business decisions that push them ahead of Intel in the quality VS price era. I suggest that if you ahvent tried an AMD other than one under the Athalon XP series that you use one and see how they relate to the intel stuff. From what ive seen AMD is by far the better buy. Of course u MAY just be a diehard Intel fan and to that i say, bring out the $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$, and lots of it lol, but i dought a serious increase in performance over the 800mhz. if it was me i would get a good OCing northwood, great ram, new vid card, (ok cchalogamer shut up about your wants) anyway that's what i would do assuming i hadnt already decided that my next rig will be AMD 64 based. (money's tight so i got for the best bang for the buck :))

• 2 weeks later...

socket 754 amd 64 gives bangs per buck big style at moment as far as im concerned. built my rig 3-4 weeks ago

now running @Field 2485 MHz

CPU Multiplier 11.0x

CPU FSB 225.90 MHz (original: 200 MHz, overclock: 13%)

Memory Bus 1:1 225.90 MHz

CAS Latency (CL) 2.5T from 2

RAS To CAS Delay (tRCD) 3T from 2

RAS Precharge (tRP) 3T from 2

RAS Active Time (tRAS) 7T from 6

Micron Tech. (512 MB PC3200 DDR SDRAM) 512 MB PC3200 DDR SDRAM (CL 2.0 @ 200 MHz)

BIOS Properties v1.4

Sensor Properties

Tsystem 32

I'd wait and see what the Intel CPUs can do. a 2.4c at 1066fsb (overclocked from 800) can already kick the crap out of most CPUs. I can only imagine what a new Intel CPU overclocked to 1200fsb (from 1066) will do compared to today's CPUs.

AMD64 is good bank for the buck, but you did say you wanted the fastest, right?

hey guys, based on the info thats out about the upcoming 1066FSB intel processors, do you guys think of it. is it worth the waiting or do you think the preformance will not be that great. and do you think the 1066 processors will be outrageously priced. the reason i ask is because im building a new rig and want to get the best but the latest there is to get. any cooment is appreciated.

thanks

Edit: i think i posted in the wrong fourm, sorry my bad. Will not happen again.

I'd say that maybe not "outrageously priced" for the CPU but you have to consider that they are only going to be released on the new 754 socket and with the new DDR2 memory will actually cost you well more then the AMD64 with now That much performace difference, AMD still teh best value