Saving Up For A Top Notch Amd Build

Newport

I am looking to build a top of the line AMD 64 bit system and since this will be my first AMD build, i have some questions...

1) i dont want ECC RAM... which socket will work without ECC RAM?

2) i am going to overclock and i know that a few of the sockest suck for o/cing... which is best?

3) This is going to be a system built mostly from Ebay parts as i can get a 3800+ for 350 bucks as a buy it now price.... What processor should i get? I am looking for at least a 3200+

4) As for mobos, do the same brands apply for AMDs just as they do for Intels (Abit, Asus, etc)

I might have some more questions but these are the ones i can think of now. Thanks for your generous replies!!!

Oh... and this WILL be a folder so keep that in mind lol :foldon:

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

WOO HOO dfi finally came out with a socket 754 lanparty. i havnt herd anything on this board or seen any reviews but im going to get one this week and i will recomend it with out even trying it out first. dfi has allways put out a great produce.

to be honest Nerm, your posts talking about ur new 3400+ was what has made me want to build an AMD lol... That thought of turning in WUs like Rosie O'Donnel eats food was awe inspiring lol. BTW, how much did ur system cost to build? lol

well dont get overexcited... i dont want your blood pressur to skyrocket lol... 420 aint bad.... That was how much my 3.0C, abit mobo, and my CD Drive cost me though lol... I think i can find some cheap acc. off of Ebay... I have a close friend who saved over 500 bucks on his new sound system in his car by buying 100% Ebay lol. I already got around 350 saved and this saturday i get payed for 2 weeks of after school work and 2 saturdays lol... i could proly buy the mobo/cpu combo within a week or 2 lol.

I think the price on those has went down like$5 bucks too and I say if you wait about a week or so since MSI has unleashed it's socket 939 mobo that mobo I got will probably drop a lot more.