Saving Up For A Top Notch Amd Build

Newport

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

no only the original FX's needed ECC ram(I think) someone correct me if i'm wrong. and yes confused is right again(dang it lol) it would be better to spend a little more and get a s939. Then again if money wasn't a problem then you should just get the MSI NF3 250 s939 with an FX-53 2.4ghz 1mb L2 cache lol.

the new dfi 754 board looks preaty badass. i think it has PCi-E on there instead of agp. Im not sure tho.

also newport whats ur budget? If u got like a gradn to blow then go with FX-53 and the Neo2 (yadda yadda yadda)

all toghter it will be about 1000

lol 3 posts while i was typing.. dang keyboard. also i was wrong about the dfi. its actully scket 775 fr intel :) but it does have PCI E

I would say 3200+ and MSI Neo2

Well my intel after i finished buying all my x-tras was around 1350 or so... i was thinking to keep cooling easy, i could build a tray like thing to mount everything. I would like to build one for around 900 or 1k.

EDIT: isnt the FX-51/53 like 800+ bucks???

yea its sad that i spent around 3k for a Gateway with a 2.53B P4, WD Caviar PATA 80GB, Intel . mobo, 18 inch LCD, Boston Acoustics 4.1, and a 24x CD Burner lol not to mention an Nvidia Ti 4200 GROSS! lol

EDIT: From Newegg.com;

AMD Socket 939 Athlon 64 FX-53, 1MB L2 Cache, Windows Compatible 64-bit Processor - Retail 885 bucks lol...

check out these prices though... http://search.ebay.com/FX-53_W0QQsokeyword...QQsatitleZFX-53

3k for a gateway? HAHAHAHAHAHA I am sorry I am not laughing at you I am laughing with you lol...err well I might be laughing at you just a little lol j/k.