Better/cheaper Ati X? !

k there i was killing all the CTs and then som1 moron started talking crap about NVIDIA and i really like their 6800s and i m planning on buying one and then we kept on arguing about the ATI and NVIDIA cards and of course i dont know anything about the megapixels and the pipes and the cips and the fps and the color and watever u guys know about the details of graphic cards . so we were just arguing stupidly until he said that ATI is going to come out with some X??? (he didnt know the numbers). and he said that just like NViDIA is coming out with the 6600 that r cheaper but still not bad and they almost have the power of the 6800, ATI is coming out with a graphic card that is really close to being as good as the x800pro and its price is going to be around 300$ and i was like !!!!!! no way and he was like yes way !!! and then i had to eat so i just left the game on and by the time i got back i got kicked out for talking so long. k the whole point of this post is that do u guys know about that card that dude was talking about cuz i looked everywhere but couldnt find a thing about it. hmmm i wonder if he was lieng...

and yeah those of u wondering its true every post i ever posted has a question mark and an exclamation mark, so i can get ur attetion :D

nvidia just plan sucks , I had a Nvidia card and Am getiting anther one soon in like 2 days a 6800 because I needed a cheaper card til i had enough money for a X800 vivo

Nvidias are fine. The FX series wasnt the greatest but quit talkin out of your ..

The 6800 will do 9K 3dmarks stock. Clost to what the X800 pro does for $100 less. A 6800nu will be going in my next rig.

I doubt the X700 will come close to the perf of the 6800nu. Currently, in the ATi realm, if you don't have the XT you kinda have crap. The Pro is a good card, but it can't compete with the 6800 series.

what about the x800SE? I think dell already uses them and they are 8 pipelines with 256bit. Im not sure what kinda clock speeds they are using though

ok its 450/450 with 8 pipes and 128bit... i think. still not 100% sure but if it only has 128bit im not to happy about that. a 450/450 with 8 pipes and 256bit thats oc friendly would definately be a monster at under 300$ though.

6800's have been okay... a wee bit hot for my likings. I've got a nice 6800ultra on my P4 3.6 right now. it still has a bad habit of artifacting stuff for no apparent reason. I've replaced the card twice now, and sent the 3rd one back today. my x800 series cards with the AMD systems have been flawless.

(gregp24) if you dont have an ax you got crap? what the 9800 pros suck? the 9600xt sucks?as dose the x800pro?c'mon now i like the ati cards couse they consume less power take up less space arent as hot and are just as good.

(gregp24) if you dont have an ax you got crap? what the 9800 pros suck? the 9600xt sucks?as dose the x800pro?c'mon now i like the ati cards couse they consume less power take up less space arent as hot and are just as good.

I meant of the new gen cards. Look at the benchmarks, the Pro can't hang with the 6800s and XT's. And everybody knows the 9800s are awesome. 9600XT? Emmm, not a big fan. My 9500 Pro was a better card than my 9600XT.

Maybe calling the X800 Pro crap was a bit harsh. I apologize for stepping on anyone's toes with that statement. How about if I just say that perf wise, you need a 6800GT, Ultra, Ultra Extereme, ot X800 XT PE to do the latest and greatest games justice. Doesn't the Pro fail to run Far Cry at 16x12, max detail? Or I am thinking of another test. I know it's Doom3 perf is horrible.

Nvidia's FX generation of cards sucked. They were horrible. ATI's cards were much better during that time. But Nvidia has figured it out on their 6800. The 6800 Ultra will outperform a X800XT, and the 6800GT can outperform a X800pro, the X800se isn't even worth mention (I hear the 9800xt's perform better)...

My dad's work just got in about 6 Dell Dimension 8400's with LGA775 3.2ghz Precotts and X300se's. I'll have to bring a copy of Halo over sometime to try it out...

yeah dude idk much about graphic cards but if u look at the benchmarks the 5900XT (wat i have for the moment) beats the 9600 and yeah Greg the 9800 cant run far cry at full settings and its obvious doom3 has better graphics than far cry so i dont think it can run close to full settings. and yeah the 6800 is pretty cool for $283 and it comes with a copy of far cry so its like the best card on the market and i think i beats the 9800XT on 3dmark03 but yeah the X800XT rules them all but hey not all of us have $500 laying around for something that makes our games look nice, lol i would rather save that money and get hollister, express and abercrombie & fitch clothes to make me look nice. B)

Edited by Metalbones