I See Pink...

IoDd64

well i went into control panel / add/remove progs... to remove some stuff... when i did,.. i saw some spyware that ad-aware didnt pick up on... so i removed them myself... then i got to this Shopat home agent.. clicked remove... comp restarted instantly.. >_<// now i see alittle pinkish in everything.. in the windows logo, i get brown orangish red, and black... my desktop (running the old 9x theme) is pinkish... my icons got fux0r3d becuz of it... plz help ASAP...

i did try the settings in the video card.. and i tried "manual" settings with my moniter... it worked once.. but i had to go back into control panel to delete other stuff... and i noticed it only happend when i went into control panel... what the heck... not even the moniter cant get it back to where i wanted it... This is not good :angry:

also... the OCC background (which i usually saw as a blue)... is almost black... someone plz help

...occ is quiet today :(:sleep:

neeed help ASAP PLZ PLZ PLZ PLZ PLZ PLZ

Edited by IoDd64

it might be the blue frequency... becuz this moniter is almost ten years old >_<.... but ya.. i noticed.. dark colors are darker now, light colors are lighter...

anyway to fix RGB?..?

shadow.. yes im using win xp pro. and i just formatted today (not becuz of this.. my comp was really screwy., i was pissed so i formatted)..

i tried with the messing around with the settings... only came out once.. but then i had to go back into control panel to delete more things.. god that was stupid.. becuz i ended up formatting my drive... bahhh... i think it might just be heat, becuz it feels really warm, almost hot.. on the plastic covering. so im gonna shut down the moniter tonight, and see if i still get the discoloring tomorrow...

hmm... well this is what i have (mostly spar parts)... 2 hp speakers from my old computer.. i dont think its them becuz with the moniter that they came, they were attached straight to the sides.. which wouldve kill the moniter from what ur saying... they say Polk Audio on them.. i dont no fi they have magnets or not in them.. but wouldnt all speakers have magnets in them? i mean the actual speaker needs a magnet to produce the sound.

This moniter is/ was made by Tandy.. i dont even think they are around anymore :ph34r:

its a good 10 years old...

Definately time for a new monitor. Tandy is a Radio Shack company, but I seriously doubt that they will offer any support to you on that......

If the weird colors started after you removed the spyware, maybe you should re-install it??? :lol:

Definately time for a new monitor. Tandy is a Radio Shack company, but I seriously doubt that they will offer any support to you on that......

If the weird colors started after you removed the spyware, maybe you should re-install it??? :lol:

Haha.. reinstall spyware :lol:

Anyway, it definitely sound like new monitor time.. I'm sure whatever you get will be alot better than what you had anyway. You just have accept things and move on sometimes.. no matter how sad it may be :( .

ya i was planing on buying a 22 inch soon anyway.. just didnt think this moniter would go bad this soon (i was planning on giving it to my friend).. and its not a tandy.. my fault.. its a Sonly Trinitron Multiscan15sf...

that was it says on the moniter atleast... but ya, looks like new moniter time ^_^... lol