Extending Cat 5 Cable

asus

Ok... i have a yellow cable.. cat 5 it is 50 feet, then i have a blue cable that is 25 feet, the blue cable is connected to the yellow cable with a connection thing, to make one long 75 foot cable.. "note. the 2 cat 5 head are pluged into" well.. here is a picture

NOW if i add another one of these connectors, and 25 more feet of cable, will this degridate the signal to MUCH?? thanks

yup, 100meters

But that 100meters goes down with every coffee pot, florecent light, air conditioner, and any other things that puts off EMS. The conectors will decrease the signal as well. Somthing to look at if your going across the street to conect your neighbor, but not to go to the other room :)

I have some AT&T flat cable rated for 550khz, I have a run of that about 600foot, string it over the fence to the school.... :) they have an OC3 fiber connection :) ya baby...

Of course..

that abruptly ended

When fell asleep one Sunday night and woke up noon monday.

School super found it, choped it.

I got no OC3 anymore :(

Yeah, you should be fine with 100ft of cable.. and you will soon find out if you are not anyway. I think the only problem with that much cable is trying to hide it all.

I doubt you'll have any problems. You can always throw in a switch (not a hub) in the line some where. Switches act as repeaters and will help boost the signal.

With a repeater you can pretty much go . far as you want, but remember any signal interfearence you have before it hits the repeater is magnified like x5 after it leaves the repeater. There is a rule, 5 repeaters MAX in a buisiness network.