Weird Stuttering Issue With My Machine. Any Ideas

IceAIM

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a Samsung SyncMaster 955df running @ 1200x1600 @ 60 Hertz refresh rate 24/7/365.25 and i have never gotten a headace lol.

Is it an LCD or a CRT?

By the way I just tried it with vsync disabled and I still have that stutter I mentioned, plus awful tearing.

lower your refresh rate.. then if that dont work.. rais it.. reinstall ATI or Nvidia drivers.. put settings to "proformance"

EDIT: i would not use FRAPS to save my life.. :P

lower your refresh rate.. then if that dont work.. rais it.. reinstall ATI or Nvidia drivers.. put settings to "proformance"

EDIT: i would not use FRAPS to save my life.. :P

It's an LCD! I can't lower my refresh rate! An LCD will only run at 60hz period!

It's not the drivers either. I reinstalled them and also tested two different video cards and the same problem occurred.

Edit: No I'm not using a ram divider, what is that?

Edited by IceAIM

you try taking it all apart and re build the lot back up?, i had the same problem and this fixed it.

Physically take my whole rig apart to pinpoint the problem with a piece of hardware? I guess I will have to do that if I can't find the problem.

I tried disabling various pieces of hardware in Windows to see if there was a conflict, but that didn't help.

I've read that the ram I use has problems with my motherboard, so I'm did order some new ram that supposedly works awesome with my mb. (The Kingston value ram I use can't even run at 400mhzDDR on my mb)

It could be an IRQ conflict. I've got my video card and USB controllers sharing an IRQ. Games are so stuttery they get to be un-playable.

What you do to check for IRQ sharing is go into device manager and view by resources type and pull-up the one that says IRQ. If you have the video card sharing an IRQ with anything, you can get problems with the other thing taking power from the video card.

I haven't found how to fix the IRQ sharing yet, still looking into it. I'll update your thread if I do.

maybe order "hooked on phonics"

Maybe you can stop being a stupid troll?

By the way for all the non trolls. I installed some new 400mhz Crucial ram which was autodetected correctly.

Unfortunately that did not stop my stutter problem.

I do not think it's an IRQ conflict because I disabled all devices in Windows hardware manager that could shared the same IRQ and it still did it.

make sure hard-drive indexing is disabled, have a look at the services running, the processes, stuff in the taskbar... if you have Creative anything then make sure disc detector is disabled or uninstalled... check your network card settings and make sure unnecessary protocols aren't selected...

maybe hooked on phonics though, it's a sure winner! :D