Bios Mods Done Here

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

ooooooh, sounds like fun :) I wanna give it a shot, but I dont got a spare card if things go horribly wrong :blink:

you can flash it blind. that's what i had to do a couple of times.

i would have used an old radeon 7200...but for some reason all the cards that i put into my asus mobo after it died were also fried :(

so i flash blind now :)

This one seems to be working quite well-I'm working ok at 409/330 so far (haven't tested the mem yet). Y'know, you could get some serious business out of this from overclockers, especially from people who don't feel safe with vmodding.

EDIT: It looks like it might actually be 420 core.

Sweet. What voltage reading are you getting now? As for money, I doubt anyone here would actually pay me for doing it, but I have PayPal if anyone wants to donate to me for my work

Edited by InvaderTrax

Hmm, that's strange, I'm reading 1.607 on the core. I wonder if this was a false alarm-400 core wasn't my "true" maximum, and I always knew I had a little more room left to go on the core. I'll try the mem-I remember it artifacting at like 335, so we'll see how it goes. BTW, I'm stable at 410 using ATITool so far.

Well, I hope you get some sort of improvement. What ns RAM do you have? I see a lot of them with 3.0 and 3.3ns. If you've got 3.3, you might have just reached a limit, but 3.0 should be able to take some more

I wasn't able to get more than 5 mhz out of the mem, so I think it was just a fluke that I got another 10 mhz out of the core. :(

I'm not sure what ns ram I have because I've already attached ramsinks with AS Thermal Adhesive (although I'd bet it's 3.3ns). However, I guessing I'm close to my limit with my card, considering the max o/c out of any R9500 I've ever seen was 444/350, and I'd assume it was heavily voltmodded and watercooled. I have beefy air cooling, but I'm not using the Vref and Vddq mods for this board, which you need to reach the really high memory speeds. What voltages are you increasing? Vdd, Vgpu, Vref, and/or Vddq?

Since you have a similar card (probably samsung or hynix 2.8 chips instead of infineocrap) that uses the same pcb and hasn't been voltmodded, you might want to try these bios mods on your card, since mine isn't the best test subject.

Ok, I got a 9500 Pro but my floppy is currently inop right now. I have the Nero Burning Rom but how do I use it to boot into DOS? Sorry Couldn't really figure it out with just the pic.