Bios Mods Done Here

Pretty much. I hadn't put that part up yet. Follow the same steps, but instead of -s, type

atiflash -p 0 (BIOS name).bin

Give that a moment. It's done when you get a new DOS prompt

*addition* Just wanted to say that doing any of this voids your warranty. This also may cause damage to your card. I can not be held responsible for any mishaps that may occur

Edited by InvaderTrax

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My card is an unknown brand Radeon 9500 with Infineon memory, but my bios is actually a Radeon 9700 Pro Infineon bios. The core is voltmodded @ 1.6 volts, and the memory is voltmodded @ 3.3 (?) volts. For starters I'd like a .05v increase on both the mem and core if possible. Thanks. :)

Alright, give this a try. What is your current OC? If it works, tell me what you get for a new max and what your 3DMark scores are (vs old ones). Also, I would recommend everyone have a PCI video card handy. If it goes wrong, you can use it to flash your card back with the old BIOS

My max o/c is currently around 400/330. I'm able to run at or nearly at Radeon 9700 Pro specs with default voltages. My max 3dmark score is almost 17,000 (16,800). I'll test it when I get home today

My max o/c is currently around 400/330. I'm able to run at or nearly at Radeon 9700 Pro specs with default voltages. My max 3dmark score is almost 17,000 (16,800). I'll test it when I get home today

That's faster than a 9700 Pro (324/310). Anyway, hope to see an improvement in your OC (good for "business" :P)

okay i'm on a laptop w/Athlon 64 3000+ processor....i'm not sure if you can mod this bios..can you?

If it has an ATi card, I probably can

Edited by InvaderTrax

Well, the bios flash went fine, and the card works, but I'm not really getting a higher o/c. I took a reading on the cards vcore, and I was reading 1.607 volts, which is only .007v more than what I got before. Did you set it for a .005v adjustment instead of a .05v adjustment? Thanks.