Ps Or Mobo

I have my vcore set at 1.8, but on MBM 5 and CPUZ the hightest it hits is 1.74-1.75. I haven't heard of Abit boards, such as the NF7, having any problems with power. Nor have I heard of any voltage problems with Antec TruePower.

Would a UPS help my power supply, or should I look into getting a new one?

If I should get a new PSU, what kind would you guys recommend?

How do your rails on the current PSU look? If your rails are okay, I would look into the board causing problems.

You could jump on the Abit Forums and ask those guys what they think, they usually respond quickly and can be helpful.

What PSU, depends on how much you wanna spend and what wattage you would like. I buy all PCP&C, but most people say they are way too expensive. Enermax or Fortron would be my next choice.

Your 12v rail looks a little low, is that under load or at idle?

Unfortunately, the only real way to accurately measure your rails is going to be with a multi-meter while under load. Many software programs round up or down, and get their voltages from BIOS.

If at all possible, I would try to find a spare PSU you could borrow to test out. If your problems go away, you've answered your question and can go buy a new unit.

Edited by Nuclear

Unfortunately, the only real way to accurately measure your rails is going to be with a multi-meter while under load. Many software programs round up or down, and get their voltages from BIOS.

I totally agree with the above statement. I myself own a Antec truepower 480 and MBM5 reports my 12v rail at 11.4volts. However, using a digital multimeter my readings for the 12v rail were 11.96-11.98 range. So obviously I would rather use a digital multimeter than to trust a software monitoring program like MBM5.

get the pinout of the ATX 12v power connector for your motherboard and measure the voltage with a multimeter while it is running (just make sure you leave everything connected when you turn on your power supply, leaving it unplugged and turning it on can damage it) both idle and load and you will see your true voltage, MBM can be quite a bit off you know since it does rely on the implementation of the sensors used on your motherboard, check this out