The First Amd Rig I'll Build

I've been building Intel PCs for as long as they have existed, but I've never built an AMD. Ok maybe I did back in the days when they were 100% compatible clones, I don

Okay... the DFI products have a good following, as do Gigabyte r/t performance reliability & features...

However the MSI product is the only board featuring the nForce2 chipset, the others are VIA & SiS, as for PC-chips Ewwwwww! :O (you get what you pay for ;))

MSI K7n2 Delta-L

400 fsb..................... check

PC3200..................... check

Intergated LAN.......... check

Dual Channel Ram.... check

On Board Audio 6ch... check

On board Vid............. Nope

Active NB cooling....... check

6570_delta.jpg

Edited by tazwegion

Okay... the DFI products have a good following, as do Gigabyte r/t performance reliability & features...

However the MSI product is the only board featuring the nForce2 chipset, the others are VIA & SiS, as for PC-chips Ewwwwww! :O (you get what you pay for ;))

MSI K7n2 Delta-L

400 fsb..................... check

PC3200..................... check

Intergated LAN.......... check

Dual Channel Ram.... check

On Board Audio 6ch... check

On board Vid............. Nope

Active NB cooling....... check

6570_delta.jpg

at least with any of the ones I have had,

adjust the vcore.... NOT check

All I ever got was the bios beeping at me everytime I adjusted it with my 1800+ 1.6V KIXIB and my 2500+. Maybe it was the bios, but I'll be darned if that didnt' ruin my OCing with that board.

The MSI is the only one I have had use with and it wasn't OCing friendly. though a very stable board for the non overclocker.

THe delta-l does not have active NB cooling vvvvv its the delta-ILSR that does.^^^^

k7n2deltal_l.jpg

Edited by Dignan

I heard the DFI Ultra Infinity's are nice...

BTW why not go with a mobile +2400 or +2600??

I'd go for a mobile if it was available in my country, but its not. thaks anyway.

Tazwegion:

Thanks, I I'll probaly choose the one you recomended. Did you have the same OC'ing problems as Dignan?

Anyway I'm still waiting for more advice since I won't go shopping until friday.

Geez Dig' I coulda' sworn that it had active NB cooling :blink: (thanks for the correction ;))

anyways cGrundy didn't mention OCing as a priority...

All the MSI boards I've had (S-370) 3 in total were Vcore locked also :(

I only chose that mobo, because it allowed for dual channel ram with the addition of nForce2 chipset... pity ASUS/ABIT aren't available there cGrundy :(

Ummmm... where are you again anyways?

As for the NB cooling solution... you could always stick a 40-50mm fan on there ;)

Edited by tazwegion

Tazweigon:

I live in Santa Cruz, Bolivia.

Even if there were internet retailers willing to ship to bolivia, It wouldn't work for me because I don't have a credit card. Most electronic transactions here are done by debit cards and for some strange reason, internet retailres prefer credit cards.

Also buying over the internet would be expensive because of the shipping fees and also I'd have to pay cutoms, thats about 30% on top of the original price.

that's why I made that list of what's available here. I'm still searchig to see if I can expand my options. Maybe the local DFI guys can get me an infinity or lanParty. That would be great. ;)

I personally will recommend the DFI Infinity. You cant beat the price for the options and my god the adjustments you can make. I would also get a mobile xp2500 and you should have one smoking rig. :foldon::foldon::foldon: I'm happy with mine.

Integrated video would be a nice to have because it would give me time to save for a nice Video Card.

U gonna play Tetris or what?? Man, integrated graphics sucks!! You can't play a decent game with like 4 FPS or so... get urself a vid. card if u wanna play games.

I'm planning to buy a decent video card, radeon 9600 or beter, but since I don't have the money now, integrated video would be usefull untill I buy the radeon.

get an Asus A7n8x DLX 2.0 6 channel audio, dual channel ram, can oc good, (adjust Mutiplier & vcore) dual lans, Sata agp 8x pro,

also get a Unlocked xp 2500+ Barton ( mobile or before week 39)