Thermaltake Or Antec

I am going to order a new power supply and have decided on either the Thermaltake 480w Silent Pure Power Butterfly 2-Fan (which I like best because of the black housing and pre-sleeved wires) for $68.00 or the Antec True Blue 480w for $75.00. Are these about equal in terms of stability and reliability? or should I stick with the Antec?

i have the 480W.. oh it's in my sig :lol: - yeah it's the one without the "silent" tag although it's more expensive cos it's got a window mod and multi-coloured sequencing leds!!!

The rudest PSU I know of!

At the lowest fan setting you can only hear it if your ear is touching it! And if I disconnect it from my fan-controller then it temp-senses to the lowest setting anyway.

I think more people recommend the Antec TruePower over the ThermalTake PurePower cos Tt's is newer?

get thermaltake.. i got one and once i had a power surge.. and my psu saved me.. it atomatically shut itself off... and its fine.. it was not the surge protecter :D

OH YEAH! During one of my more adventurous modding efforts, the bottom of my fan controller has an exposed circuit board with over-enthusiastic factory-solder that actually juts out too far and can come in contact to the case / another drive / etc...

So it shorted my PC... or it would have done if the PSU had not cut-out! This happened about 6 times. I couldn't turn the puter back on by the normal power switch and had to unplug/plug the PSU to reset it.

NICE safety feature, I'm sure other PSU's would have let that wayward current go astray and damage something...

I LOVE TT!

What about getting an enermax? I've got a 465watt and i'll never get anything else. I would personally go with Antec cuz i've had a couple bad experiences with tt psu's. From what people are saying here though they sound to have improved. Read the specs, go read some reviews off google or something, and get a feel for the reputation they hold. It'll make your decision much easier.

I read some reviews and the Thermaltake seems pretty solid to me. I also think the black one will look great in my case, or at least I hope so cause I just ordered one from NewEgg :huh: .