• Netscape
    • Other
    • Multiple

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Me, i use Opera, cause it kicks ., plain and simple :P

For the sake of humoring the new guy, what's better about it? I'm just using IE by default, haven't tried any others.

For the sake of humoring the new guy, what's better about it? I'm just using IE by default, haven't tried any others.

It has a lot of nice features for the lazy man, like mouse gestures. It's also slightly faster at loading pages and is just well thought out :D

this poll should allow multiple options.

I use both mozilla and netscape, and sometimes IE for sites that don't display correctly or autenticate with other borwsers.

Some time ago I used opera and when using linux, i use other browsers like the kde browser.

So the correct answer would have been all of the above, but sisnce I didn't have that option I voted Mozilla, wich I use most of the time at home.

I've used Opera for several years now... I'm an active beta tester, and have several licenses for Opera. - Used on bother Windows and Linux platforms.

Now, as far as the question why Opera?

• - Flexible UI (You can change the location of 99% of the items in Opera.
    - Popup blocking (Though for Opera this needs improvement)
    - Tabbed browsing. (Moz has this as well)
    - Mouse Gestures
    - Keyboad commands for everything (lots and lots and lots of keyboard commands. This is one of my most favorite things about Opera)
    - Not only are there a lot of commands, you can also custimize every command
    - Search Bar (No need for google bar, Alexa bar, or anything else.. it's already there. - Also available with Moz)
    - Notes. I didn't like this at first, but found it to be extreamly useful. It extends the cut/paste.
    - Themes (Also available with Moz)
    - Panels (also available for Moz)
    - Password Manager (Also available with Moz)
    - Full page zoom (not just zoom the text, but images as well)
    - Activaly developed (Moz is also, but not to the extent Opera is)
    - Less security flas than IE (Same would go for Moz)
    - Available for any OS (Even Palm, Pocket PC, and some Cell phones)
    - Free (So is Moz)

I edited the poll to allow a "Multiple" option. Hope Homer doesn't mind.

I'm sure someone will bring this up...

"It's been done before. 1, 2, 3, 4, 5."

My reply - "Not in a while, leave the old threads alone... lets not dig them up, and people's choice may have changed since then."

Edited by d3bruts1d

Opera for me too... been using it for a long while, MOUSE GESTURES ROCK!!! They remind me of the game Black and White which is what made me search for a browser with mouse gestures... I was hooked from then on. I'm not too fond of the M2 mail app that comes with it though <_<

Yeah, I don't like M2 either... and I don't use it. Thankfully you can hide the mail option from the main menu as well as the mail panel (and anything else related to it).