Godgrrrrr! Vid Card Fan...

Well, I got my new rig together, but the freaking gpu fan won't start on it's own (9800pro), and after I push it to get it going, it runs pretty slow and the gpu gets really hot.

I'm probably just gonna order a iceberg 4 or something, but what should I do in the meantime? Can I run the fan on 12 volts just to keep the card cool?

Godgrrrrr! I hate it when things come broken. I don't want to RMA it because it would take another week just to get my computer running again... :blink:

get some arctic cooling on that bada** card ;)

in the meantime i'd just leave it, have you not got an old card lying about somewhere? just get next day delivery on the aftermarket cooling then you'll be fine. better oc's as well :lol:

Problem is, I was going to a LAN tommorrow night, and I'm not gonna run this rig with a defective GPU fan for any long period of time...it gets hot enough to almost burn my finger...

it works wonders lol it pulls cold air fed by 2 case fans over the sound card then blast the whole vid card and the temp according to overdrive is 40C and it is 30C in my home office right now but the case side aint on so no forced outside air just what the fans can suck into themselves

You can buy a vantec pci fan card that works well at Fry's if you have one near you. I think you can find them at compusa. I just installed my HIS iceq 9800 pro and my vantec pci card and put 2 80mm fans blowing straight on it like so:

And this is the 2 80mm fans:

f8c2cf94.jpg

The fan card is like 20 bucks at the store but is a good quick fix.

Edited by chomorro

Guest Ballz2TheWallz

bah i think its time to put some 92mm tornados on both sides of that beast

Edited by Ballz2TheWallz