Recomend Me Some Good Ram

I am currently building a new system and am looking to buy some decent reliable ram. I want something that will premorm well and be fast.

here are my system specs.

MSI 865PE Neo LS mobo

P4 3.0 W/ H.T.

MSI GeForce FX 5700 Ultra 128meg Video Card.

TIA

get some ocz 2.5 cas pc4000 and your set. trust me on that 3.0 anything over pc4000 is overkill. you can take the ocz pc4000 way past 4000 speeds and with the cas latency you have good performance if your 3.0 doesnt hit 250fsb

OK, I got 3 tidbits for ya...

1) Your CPU won't overclock much. It doesn't matter much what RAM you use.. Now a 2.4 or 2.6 cpu might require some good ram...

With that in mind, some nice BH5 PC3200 or 3500 will work nicely (but cost WAY too much in my opinion).

2) Since you are only overclocking a little because of your CPU multiplier limitation, I don't have to explain in detail how most PC3500-4400 RAM I've tested leaves artifacts on 865PE boards when highly overclocked.

3) If you aren't scraping the bins for BH-5 chips (which are great chips, blah blah). Get OCZ. I've recently tested Corsair, Kingston and Geil (12 sticks total) in 3 - 865 mobos.. bad results.

putting OCZs superior RAM in those 865 boards fixed all the problems...

Remember before you flame me, opinions are like as...... and you asked for it.

i have heard read that the bh5 is getting harder to find, if this is true is there anywhere special i should go to get it?

Truth is it not being manufactured anymore. I've heard the only place people are having consistant luck is Ebay, that kingston I have will do 460mhz by the way. Although I don't know if all of that Kingston model produced is BH5. The Mushkin PC3500 level II with the black pcb is what everyone wants. You will hear of a few different color heatspreaders on them, mine are purple, but I would look for the "level II" designation & black PCB underneath.

Also...

Remember before you flame me, opinions are like as...... and you asked for it.
I do also use OCZ (see sig) but there kinda $$$ too.

little off topic but should i go with a different processor? I can get a 2.4 and a 2.8 P4.

Depends on the stepping, if you can get a "M0" 2.4c I would go with that over the 2.8c, but I still like my 3.0c better.

My P4 3.0C got me an o/c to 3410mhz with the stock cooler. 1.6V @ 227fsb. I'm hoping to get to 3.75Ghz with my new cooler coming soon

(Cooler Master Hyper 6). Nuclear loves his 3.0C, he got his to 4Ghz on air.

I got 2 sticks of 512mb Geil Ultra Platinum PC4000, cas 2.5 and they're just running @ an underclocked speed until i get my cooler. U get a cool platinum heatspreader with it and a temperature sticker thingy that u can't see, but hey. MMMMMMM, platinum..... expensive......

no get the sl6wk 3.0e with the 512cache most do 3.5 on stock voltage. and get the ocz pc4000 ram youll need it to get that 3.0c high,

Don't those "e"' chips run hot though? My SL6WU 3.0c is at 3.6 barely over stock volts and idles at 23c load at 35c. I do agree about the ram though, I have OCZ PC4200 running on mine.