Crazy Lappers!

You can't lap the cores on Athlon XP chips, just the heatspreader on the A64's and the Opterons.

You can lap any video card, and I'm going to lap my 9800pro as soon as it gets here on tues.

Yes, I am crazy. :P

haha has anyone got the cajones or lots of money to do it :P

Ditto man... Ditto.

After I finally dropped the cash on my p4EE, i seem to be less of a man than i once was. :P my cajones just cant bare the thought of modding my cpu... for now anyway... :D

Man oh man, i would never lap my cpu. I did a bad enough job lapping my hsf, ended up with round edges :huh:

Nice n shiny though :P

Maybe in a year or 2 when i have more than 1 comp at my disposal ill give it a shot :rolleyes:

Edited by HomerJaySimpson

I have a feeling this is intended more for fame than for performance. It is aimed at the "omg he lapped his cpu he is so extreme!!!" audience rather than the real performance crowd. I base this on the fact that he has no temperature statistics at all (yeah, he has the watercooling fubar excuse, but I still find it shady). Is it cool to have a mirror-finish processor? Yeah. But I seriously doubt the performance gains you'd get from it.

*combs his hair while looking at his reflection in this guys processor*

Edited by ravix

^ You could lap it...but what would be the point? Mine already has a mirror image in the silicon.

Video cards, on the other hand, almost always have 1. Horrible stock heatsinks and 2. Un-flat cores.

I lapped my ti4200 last year and gained 65 mhz on the core speed, with the stock cooler(but lapped). My 9800pro that just arrived(but is not in use because I have to RMA my memory) is gonna get lapped as soon as my VGA Silencer gets here. ;)