Building Comp For Cousin

Well orignally i was looking at the P4C800-E DELUXE from ASUS which is $180 but then when I compared it to the P4C800 DELUXE($163) I noticed that the P4C800 DELUXE does have Dual Channel but the P4C800-E DELUXE does not. I know when u look at benchmarks for Athlon XP's Dual Channel makes little difference and I was wondering if it was was the same for P4's. Can any one help me with my desicion. I was also looking at the IC7-MAX3 from Abit($189) and the IC7-G MAXII ADVANCE from Abit($139) or a 875P motherboard from MSI. Hes a gamer and I'am kind of on a budget($900 or so but any mother board here will still get me in the price range). Heres the rest I was planning on getting him.

Intel Pentium 4/ 2.8C GHz 800MHz FSB, 512K Cache, Hyper Threading Technology - Retail $175

OCZ Enhanced Latency Series Dual Channel Platinum 184 Pin 512MB(256MBx2) DDR PC-3200 - OEM $136

SAPPHIRE ATI RADEON 9800PRO Video Card, 128MB DDR, 256-bit, DVI/TV-Out, 8X AGP -RETAIL $218

SAMSUNG 120GB 7200RPM IDE Hard Drive, Model SP1203N, OEM Drive Only $85

Thanks

EDIT

Not ocing at all.

Edited by BloodySunday

If you dont need all the onboard bells and whistle the standard IC-7 does a great job o/cing included . Both my brother and dad have one and are rock solid. 2.4c@ 3.4 and a 2.8c @3.2 to start . Both prime stable for 24hrs.

Makes an enormous difference with a P-4 as long as its a c model i think . They can really use the increased bandwidth. My brothers [email protected] just stomps my system on memory bandwidth using sandra's memory bandwidth test. Plus we are using the same ram both running dual channel.