Memory Price Jump

Has anyone else noticed the sudden jump in Ram prices?($20+) Does any know why?

Edited by bkdog411

the price has rose becuase there is a large demand for RAM all of a sudden and companies cant keep up so they raise the price to make as much money as possible. Also companies have reduced production of RAM and increased in making memory cards

Demand is high, so they charge the most possible. Likewise, they are slowly making less and less DDR and making more compact flash, memory sticks, etc. and DDR2 slowly. Also, they're moving to higher densities and ECC memory for 64-bit computers. As companies have to make more stuff, they can't make the same amount of system memory, so theres less to go around, and prices go up.

They have been going up steadily for a very long while ever since intelo switched back to DDR, hurting this loyal AMD customer. I bought my 512 stick of Corsair low latency DDR 2700 (the platinum XMS series) for 83 dollars at newegg.com one year ago.

It can now be found for 143 at the same store one year later (it should be less since it is supposedly old tech...)

http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc....-145-426&depa=1

So I blame intel..... :D

Edited by char1ie

I wouldn't be surprised if all items price jump was also related to hidden shipping charges due the high gas prices lately. :angry: Have you noticed the Newegg is now charging shipping on a lot of refurbished items, when they never used to.