AMD Big Navi Event

Braegnok

It's time AMD RX 6900 XT has finally been revealed,.. Rage Mode overclocking feature via Radeon Boost looks sweet. :yes:

Edited by Braegnok

I think AMD will do vary well with RX 6800 XT card sales on November 18th,.. there are a lot of folks who wanted to upgrade few weeks ago to 30-series Nvidia cards and have not been able to buy a card,.. if just 1/2 those folks all buy AMD 6800 XT cards.

I still haven't been able to buy 3090 FE card, and basically I'm not even looking anymore. When the 6900 XT is released if I get the auto notify email,.. and click add to cart, I hope they make water blocks for it because I'm Clicking on Buy! 

Edited by Braegnok

I think NVIDIA has the advantage with Raytacing (and DLSS) as well as drivers.

But AMD is very impressive at the moment in both their GPU and CPU performance, what a massive leap in performance in one generation.

Now imagine when they bring out the new AM5 socket with 5nm Zen 4 CPUs, DDR5 RAM and RDNA3 by the end of 2022.
I think hardware is going to see a huge leap in performance in the next few years now that we have proper competition.

RayTracing is part of DX12U and Vulken so both series has "equal" reference starting point. How AMD NAVI-2 will preform will interesting to see. As for DLSS, that is a NVIDIA only thing.

We are yet to see if AMD will implement ray-tracing acceleration and super-resolution technology into the FidelityFX package, or wait for DirectX DXR and DirectML super-resolution.

Going to be an interesting roll out for AMD,.. Gamecache + SAM + 16GB VRAM. 

Edited by Braegnok

• 3 weeks later...

Today AMD released a tech demo of RX 6900XT GPU running hardware- accelerated DitectX Ray Tracing supported by FidelityFX Compute Effects, and SSSR. 

It looks like there is Fidelity Variable Shading enabled. 

• 3 weeks later...

I installed the Beta 1002 BIOS this afternoon on my Extreme board, and noticed Asus enabled Resizable BAR support, so intel 10th Gen Core CPUs can run AMD RX 6000 series cards, get a nice 15% boost. ASUS Enables Resizable BAR (Smart Access Memory) Support on Intel Z490, H470 & B460 Motherboards Through Latest BIOS (wccftech.com)

Nice looking card, too bad you can't buy them yet.  https://videocardz.com/newz/asus-unveils-liquid-cooled-radeon-rx-6900-xt-rog-strix-lc-graphics-card

Edited by Braegnok