Plexiglass Keyboard.

ive been on a keyboard and mouse modding craze lately and i decided to finish with something big. i was thinking about making a custom plexi glass keyboard here a pic

i hope its not to small

i think hes talking about a clear key board. replaceing the old key board caseing with clear plexi glass.sounds like a good idea to me. to bad the all the chips and stuff in the key board are probably green, it wouild be cool if they were colored.

Excellent job...but it still looks white to me???
haha

well i was just lookin to see what you guys think of the idea. if its a stupid idea then why bother puttin in man hours.

heres a pic of the inside keypad. its white so i dont see much of a problem.

Yeah, I think it would be pretty cool. Maybe it would be better if you could see circuitry through the glass, rather than more white plastic?

Edited by Jezza

haha

well i was just lookin to see what you guys think of the idea. if its a stupid idea then why bother puttin in man hours.

heres a pic of the inside keypad. its white so i dont see much of a problem.

People thought The Wright bothers, Henry Ford and Bill Gates were all stupid... and look what they have done... Well Bill IS stupid, but he can afford to be stupid!!!

If you like the idea, and want to do it... Go for it... it sounds unique

Who cares what we think... we are a bunch of old men sitting around drinking REALLY strong cocktails...... oh wait.... that's just me!

haha. great advice. I will try it. my only problem i can think of right now is how im going to attach it all toghter and how im going to keep the keys up..

looks like ill need some good planing to get through this.

Yep...getting this old, keeping the "keys" up is an issue..... :P

NOT!

maybe just slowly take it apart and use the white plastic pieces as templates to cut out plexiglass?

Edited by exeter_acres

well the problem isnt cutting out the template the problem is finding a way to keep the keys from gigaling in the spaces.. also i was thinking.

maybe if i made my own keys from plexi (hella lot of work there) i could stick some blue leds in everyone of them.

Edit. hahaha i just got it

Edited by General