[WTS] Gigabyte r9 290 4GB {CLOSED}

Dynamic

It's quite tempting to get this and try crossfire.  But I don't know if, or how much of the benefits from being crossfired would be canceled out by going from 8gb to 4gb vram.  I think my psu would be ok, 3 calculators said yes, but the newegg one said I'd be a little short.

We can cross ship, you send the money order/gram and i'll send you the GPU, and also send each other the tracking number. Now, if anything goes wrong then you'll need a better PSU and i'll send you the money back while you reship the gpu back as well. Unless you want to keep it and get a better PSU. How does that sound? I know these 290's/390's need alot of watts, they sure ain't like the 970/980 gpus.

Note:The R9 290 takes a 8pin and 6pin.

Edited by Dynamic

Looks like the cards together will draw 500watts of power under full stress load. You should be on the line of 750watts when everything is running at full. Very few powers supplies can actually run full load 24/7 and OCZ isn't one of them. You might be able to track down the OEM for that model and see who made it. But unless its a newer PSU or a over engineered one like Seasonic, EVGA or Corsair GOLD or Plat lineup, I wouldn't trust it being able to handle 750 for long periods of time. Best could happen is it trips the safety. Worst the caps blow and takes out the computer. I've seen both.

Those 290s eat a lot of power!

My psu is a PC Power and Cooling brand.   I was confused by it having OCZ in the model name and thought OCZ was the manufacturer.   I think the 390 draws slightly less power than the 290.  I think I have the extra power connectors.  Either way, this really isn't my main concern.  My main concern is that I may gain 25 or 50% performance by adding a second card but I may actually lose in some situations where the game wants more than 4gb. 

Let me do some more research and see how much vram that my current favorite games use.  Until then, gl with your sale.

Edited by Fight Game

My psu is a PC Power and Cooling brand.   I was confused by it having OCZ in the model name and thought OCZ was the manufacturer.   I think the 390 draws slightly less power than the 290.  I think I have the extra power connectors.  Either way, this really isn't my main concern.  My main concern is that I may gain 25 or 50% performance by adding a second card but I may actually lose in some situations where the game wants more than 4gb. 

Let me do some more research and see how much vram that my current favorite games use.  Until then, gl with your sale.

Sounds good, i'll keep you posted. The Vram is mirrored not doubled so your crossfire setup would be 290 + 390 4GB total. So i was wrong about it being doubled before.