just courious

dling

if my ssd dies and it has my free verison of win 10 on it can I get another copy free ? would I have to reinstall win 7 then upgrade again ?

Is there a full verison of win 10 free for clean install if I lose everthing ?

I don't want to hijack this thread but I have a related question. I currently run Windows 7 on an HDD and I have an SSD waiting to be installed which I'd like to install Windows 10 onto but I'm unsure on how to proceed. Ideally I'd like to have a copy of Windows 10 along with the code to do a clean install. How do I go about this? Help appreciated.

In my opinion Marcium Reflect or another cloning/imaging software is the answer to both questions. As for Paul I'd do the clone to the ssd, install it and then upgrade to w 10. As far as I know the only way to get the free key to w10 is an upgrade, but some on here may know more.

I advise Downloading and Directly Clean-installing Windows 10 TH2 Version 1511 released on the 12th of November 2015,.. Windows 10 TH2 will accept Windows 7 and Windows  8.1 Product Keys,  transferring PC to Windows 10 device when activated with Windows 7 or 8.1 Product Key. 

Windows 10 TH1 or 10240 had a flawed upgrade only distribution and is now obsolete.

Use option to create ISO file   http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

Edited by Braegnok
  • Like 1