Need help with overclock RAM !

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You should be fine at 1.180V and 4.3Ghz for 24/7 profile.

If you want to make a grilled cheese sandwich latter on we can go for 4.4Ghz,..   :cheers:

Yea i actually wanna go for it , if you gonna be here to guide me lets do it now ! If yes , what settings need to be changed ? Just voltage ? If yes to what should we start with

Current settings :

Ring ratio : 39

Cpu multi : 43

Cpu freq : 4300

Vcore : 1,180

Cpu ring voltage :1.176v

System agent voltage 1.088v (+.250)

I/0 Analog voltage 1.016v

I/O Digital voltage : Auto

What i am concern about is that when i tried 4.4 yesterday it was freezing all the way up to 1,42 , is it safe if we need to go any higher ? ( Or maybe was cause i jump all the way 4.4 instead of take it slowly , i am not sure , what do you think ?

Edited by lolita1023

OK,.. I'm heading home from work now so will be offline awhile,.. had a rock slide in one of the passes I go up through yesterday,.. hoping it's cleared today,.. I'll check back when I get home.

I would run the 4.3 profile for awhile at least overnight doing some multi-tasking,.. surfing, and run a game,.. see how it works out.

But nothing wrong with going for 4.4,.. it is going to be a bit hotter profile.

First save your 4.3 profile,..  change Ring ratio to 41, Cpu multi to 44, Cpu freq 4400, CPU ring voltage to 1.186,  and start CPU Vcore at 1.25V and give it a go :thumbsup:

Edited by Braegnok

OK,.. I'm heading home from work now so will be offline awhile,.. had a rock slide in one of the passes I go up through yesterday,.. hoping it's cleared today,.. I'll check back when I get home.

I would run the 4.3 profile for awhile at least overnight doing some multi-tasking,.. surfing, and run a game,.. see how it works out.

But nothing wrong with going for 4.4,.. it is going to be much hotter profile,.. I'm just guessing 1.28V and 85-90c which is too hot for 24/7 profile.

First save your 4.3 profile,..  change Ring ratio to 41, Cpu multi to 44, Cpu freq 4400, and start CPU Vcore at 1.25V and give it a go :thumbsup:

1 and a half hour in a game now no problem so far. Hmm if temp go that high 85-90c might damage cpu no ? Also why my temps go that high ? I mean i have watercooling , shouldnt be lower ?

Edited by lolita1023

The one voltage I dont see if the DRAM voltage you are running. You should manually set it to 1.65v with that memory and then manually set your primary timing to the rated speed. Setting the XMP profile should do that for you but if not set change the settings manually.

The one voltage I dont see if the DRAM voltage you are running. You should manually set it to 1.65v with that memory and then manually set your primary timing to the rated speed. Setting the XMP profile should do that for you but if not set change the settings manually.

Ok ty ! Due to some issues i had along the way ,Braegnok helping me to get stability with cpu first and might work on ram later ! Ty for reply though ! Your tips gonna be helpful along the way !!!

Edited by lolita1023