Need help with overclock RAM !

Sounds like your good,.. so go ahead and click on the Guides tab on top of the page,.. and then hornycows overclocking 4770 guide.

take your time and read through the whole guide,.. then start applying the settings slowly,.. and run prime95 when you get a nice stable 4.4 to see if you need to adjust anything,.. if you have any issues just post back and someone will help you. :thumbsup:

I think i will just go ahead and apply the same settings as before ,were the same as on guide , and since freezes start after try to overclock ram , i think i should be ok with just overcloking cpu , what do you think ?

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

While your still at default,.. try to get 1600Mhz 9-9-9-24 at 1.5V out of your memory.

If you can that's great leave it at 1600 and go for your overclock.

If not than 1333 is fine.

Edited by Braegnok

While your still at default,.. try to get 1600Mhz 9-9-9-24 at 1.5V out of your memory.

If you can that's great leave it at 1600 and go for your overclock.

If not than 1333 is fine.

Hmm already overclocked , 4.4 atm and running prime95 to see if works fine , if everything fine i'll just leave it there ,  Unless you know what to do and you can help me out .

That's OK,.. I got caught in a rock slide on my way home from work a few min ago,.. going to drink a cold beer.

So looks like your at 4.4 stable,.. nice  

Your board is default 1333/1600 memory,.. with 8GB of 1333 in all 4-slots max 32GB,.. I'm just guessing it will do 2X8 at 1600Mhz,.. but if not than 1333Mhz is fine.  :cheers:

That's OK,.. I got caught in a rock slide on my way home from work a few min ago,.. going to drink a cold beer.

So looks like your at 4.4 stable,.. nice  

Your board is default 1333/1600 memory,.. with 8GB of 1333 in all 4-slots max 32GB,.. I'm just guessing it will do 2X8 at 1600Mhz,.. but if not than 1333Mhz is fine.  :cheers:

Hmm i am not stable at 4.4 unfortunately , it freezes after some amount of time , depending on my voltage, I am keep testing ever since .  I am now at 1.229 v ,As for memory i dint change anything yet , i leave it as default , I now just want to fix the freeze issues and stay stable at 4.4 and i am just gonna leave ram as it is , too frustrating

Edited by lolita1023

Ok that makes a difference. You can go lower or higher. 

What cache ring multiplier are you running on your chip in relation to the CPU multiplier? 

You mean ring ratio ? I have 39 ( 3900 )

Cpu multi : 42 

Cpu freq : 4200

Cpu voltage : 1.120

Cpu ring voltage :1.064v

System agent voltage 1.088v (+.250)

I/0 Analog voltage 1.016v

I/O Digital voltage : Auto

BLCK : 100

When i run on 4.4 i change Cpu multi to 44 , Cpu freq 4400, Cpu volt 1.2 ( even tried (1,22) , (1,29),(1.30) ,(1.32),(1.35),(1.40) and Cpu ring voltage to 1.176v , the rest i use the same , but it just keep freezing .

Pc keep freezing at both 4.2 and 4.4 now , idk what to do .

Edited by lolita1023

OK,.. lets leave the memory at default settings 1333,.. and set your processor back to default also,.. we need to re-confirm your stable at default settings and check your core temps with everything in default at both idle and under prime95 blend 30 min test.

I use Real Temp 3.70 to monitor core temp you will want to have real temp open while running prime95 and watch your temps,.. post your core temps at idle no load,.. and max temps during full load prime 95 blend test.

RealTemp 3.70 download  http://www.techpowerup.com/downloads/2089/real-temp-3-70/

After passing 30 min test with no issues and safe core temps at default,.. bump processor up to 4.0 and lets run prime95 blend 30 min watching core temps and get a stable 4.0 with safe core temps. 

Edited by Braegnok

OK,.. lets leave the memory at default settings 1333,.. and set your processor back to default also,.. we need to re-confirm your stable at default settings and check your core temps with everything in default at both idle and under prime95 blend 30 min test.

I use Real Temp 3.70 to monitor core temp you will want to have real temp open while running prime95 and watch your temps,.. post your core temps at default and we can go from their back to overclocking.

RealTemp 3.70 download  http://www.techpowerup.com/downloads/2089/real-temp-3-70/

Ok i start the blend test ! I will report back in 30 mins if no issue before that 

Edited by lolita1023