4790K Core1&2 spike to 75c

What's the max temp for a 4790K? In AIDA64 I'm showing a CPU temp of a solid 57 under load, but the core temps spike from ~55-75 constantly. Is this something to be concerned about? Based on the CPU temp and the current voltage, I was thinking of shooting for 5GHz, but got hesitant. Thoughts?

post-14758-0-53184300-1433949821_thumb.png

Either the TIM needs to be redone, or the IHS TIM is causing the heat spikes. I would highly recommend delidding the CPU and putting in better IHS TIM, temps won't be as much of an issue then as long as you have great cooling (like custom watercooling with a 120.3 or 120.4 radiator with fans in push/pull).

I'm using the Corsair H105. If I went the delidding route, what would I use as a replacement? Is there an aftermarket HS I can buy? A quick google search revealed nothing to me. Last time I delided a CPU was a core2duo and I never felt like my aftermarket heatsink ever really fit on quite right afterwards. Plus the panic of scrapping around a $300 chip.

I'm using the Corsair H105. If I went the delidding route, what would I use as a replacement? Is there an aftermarket HS I can buy? A quick google search revealed nothing to me. Last time I delided a CPU was a core2duo and I never felt like my aftermarket heatsink ever really fit on quite right afterwards. Plus the panic of scrapping around a $300 chip.

Don't delid unless you REALLY want the max OC. 75 C is nothing to worry about.