Win 10 Upgrade help

NCC10281982B

According to this. I should seen an icon to upgrade in wy win 8.1 taskbar. Said icon is not there. Is there a plan B? Should I just sit down, shut up, and wait? I have 2 copies of W10 pro on pre-order from newegg. I will obviously cancel that order if I get my upgrade. BUT: TBH, I like doing clean installs, I always have.

Windows 10 is a free upgrade to everybody within the first year. The only reason you should spend money on it is if you miss the upgrade during that year. If the icon isn't there, give it a reboot or wait until Microsoft gets it out to everybody.

If your tray doesn't have the icon, do the following:

Open Notepad and enter the below text.

REG QUERY "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\AppCompatFlags\UpgradeExperienceIndicators" /v UpgEx | findstr UpgEx
if "%errorlevel%" == "0" GOTO RunGWX
reg add "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\AppCompatFlags\Appraiser" /v UtcOnetimeSend /t REG_DWORD /d 1 /f
schtasks /run /TN "\Microsoft\Windows\Application Experience\Microsoft Compatibility Appraiser"
:CompatCheckRunning
schtasks /query /TN "\Microsoft\Windows\Application Experience\Microsoft Compatibility Appraiser"
schtasks /query /TN "\Microsoft\Windows\Application Experience\Microsoft Compatibility Appraiser" | findstr Ready
if NOT "%errorlevel%" == "1" ping localhost >nul &goto :CompatCheckRunning
:RunGWX
schtasks /run /TN "\Microsoft\Windows\Setup\gwx\refreshgwxconfig"

Save it as ReserveWin10.cmd, change file type to All files, and then exit. Then run Command Prompt as admin with whatever path you saved that file as. For me that was C:/Users/Troy/Documents/ReserveWin10.cmd. Let it run and then poof, the Windows icon shows up. Click that icon, enter your email, and presto chango, your copy of Windows 10 is reserved.

Windows 10 is a free upgrade to everybody within the first year. The only reason you should spend money on it is if you miss the upgrade during that year. If the icon isn't there, give it a reboot or wait until Microsoft gets it out to everybody.

QFT.