NVIDIA GeForce GTX Titan X Reviewed

Bosco

I was trying to clarify was I don't understand how people can stand behind a company who releases a product At $1,000

don't need to lower the price 30% A months later. AMD's new card will be just as powerful if not more but would be nowhere near that price probably around $650

just like the Titans Z that was released at $3000 and still there when does die hard fan boys who purchased them anyway.

my point being the lot of people who will say AMD is crap but if it wasn't for AMD $1,000 GPUs would be the norm

Edited by jdm_freek

I love AMD for the simple fact that they force the prices down on Nvidia side. But yeah you will always find people getting the newest and greatest, simply because they have money to burn.

I love AMD for the simple fact that they force the prices down on Nvidia side. But yeah you will always find people getting the newest and greatest, simply because they have money to burn.

that was the point I was trying to make but I have this gift Of comimg across like An expletive deleted 

Edited by jdm_freek

Thanks for the F@H comparison tests Frank,..   :thumbsup:

I plan on upgrading folding rig hardware soon and 300K PPD range with single gpu  would be sweet,..

To the best of my knowledge the core 18 projects have been temporarily restricted to use pre-Maxwell GPU's only,.. Fah servers recognize the installed gpu before assigning a wu,.. and once Maxwell gpu is detected only core 15 and core 17 will be assigned till the bug is identified and a driver comes out that fixes it.

So for now if your running Maxwell,.. flying the advanced flag you will receive mostly core 17 projects,.. as the core 15 projects  do not have QRB bonus.

I have not set the Advanced flag yet. Just wanted to see what it would do on its own in a direct comparison. The core 17 projects are awesome for the points they deliver but the 15's as you note just absolutely suck. 3/20 and 3/21 were the R9 290X and 3/22 and 3/23 so far are the Titan X.

So far the 2 day total for the GTX Titan X not optimized is 482K.

http://folding.extremeoverclocking.com/user_summary.php?s=&u=36945

some of the money goes to good drivers unlike a certain company :) I use to be all about bang for the buck but man I have little to no problems EVER with nvidia drivers. I did hear AMD has gotten better with Crossfire but Im not going to spend money to find out.

let me start off by confirming that  i have owned about 40 and 90% of then were nvidia.

now i continue to hear mumbles from team green about amd's bad drivers 

and i will tell you with all honestly and zero bias they both have their fair share of issues.

and just maybe it is possible that the reason one might only see issues with amd is they tend to listen to some of 

the more green biased reviews 

my statement was simple, it is sad that two cards that were released 18 months ago that can be picked up for $400

can outperform an $1000  flagship gpu.

dont get me wrong it is a fantastic card but not $1000 fantastic

i will keep my 290's and save myself $600 and have superior performance especially at 4k

I can appreciate the sentiment and you are right. It takes two to get the job done. 2 GTX 780's will out perform it. Two R9 290X's will out perform it. 2x 290's will probably out perform it depending on the settings used at 4K. The key concern  is it takes two to get the job done. When you want to eliminate the problems that crop up with multi GPU setups then a single high performance card is the way to go Even at 4K.  This one does what it takes two to do for an up charge.  

Neither camp is immune from driver issues. Where I see the difference is that the green team fixes issues faster.  NVIDIA has had how many driver updates this year to address end user concerns?  AMD has had just one. even that is still in beta and just released 3 days ago as they introduced Freesync.

Responsiveness is not the strong suite of AMD on its drivers. In the past they did some great things but they no longer are able to punch out fixes as fast. That's not Bias that's fact. Crossfire is still an issue at 4K resolutions. SLI to a much lesser degree.

Bottom line is that you can spend up to 1K to get the job done.  You can get the job done at $650 to $750. Where you run into issues is memory allocation at resolutions higher than 1440 and 1600 when running higher texture settings.  

I still remember paying $1500-$1600 bucks for a pair of X1900XT cards to run in Crossfire and being happy at the time until I bought my 6800 GTS 640MB cards for a bit more than that.

I was trying to clarify was I don't understand how people can stand behind a company who releases a product At $1,000

my point being the lot of people who will say AMD is crap but if it wasn't for AMD $1,000 GPUs would be the norm

Does AMD have a card with the power of the titan X?

No? Then NVIDIA can do whatever it want with the price, since it is the only card with that performance on the market.

It is called having a PREMIUM product, something AMD doesn't have.

Without AMD, $1000 GPUs would be the norm? lol try harder.

If that would be true, then why even bother with the mid-range and low-end cards? Oh wait...

And about that "supporting a company that releases stuff with a high price tag", it is the same as saying, why would Ferrari release a car of 1 million while the Nissan has the same performance for 100k in about 6 to 12 months? It is not even important what a company asks for its PREMIUM products, people will buy it because they want fast stuff now, not in half a year.

Does AMD have a card with the power of the titan X?

No? Then NVIDIA can do whatever it want with the price, since it is the only card with that performance on the market.

It is called having a PREMIUM product, something AMD doesn't have.

Without AMD, $1000 GPUs would be the norm? lol try harder.

If that would be true, then why even bother with the mid-range and low-end cards? Oh wait...

And about that "supporting a company that releases stuff with a high price tag", it is the same as saying, why would Ferrari release a car of 1 million while the Nissan has the same performance for 100k in about 6 to 12 months? It is not even important what a company asks for its PREMIUM products, people will buy it because they want fast stuff now, not in half a year.

amd is realing a gpu very soon 

and we are not talking about cars because a quality car holds its value

unlike a gaming gpu  you can not go out and buy a 5 year old car for 25% of its original release price

for example a 2010  ferrari california msrp was $1200000 and 5 years later it is still that price.

as for a 5 year old gpu lets say a gtx 480 @ $600 is now worth $80.

and comparing nissan to Ferrari is hardly a proper analogy lbut thanks for the laugh   

Edited by jdm_freek