dling

Hey guys. Ijust changed my cooling to the H100i and a after thought occured to me. Should i have used the tim that came on it or should I have wiped it

off and used my  artic sliver 5 ?

Edited by dling

One thing I learned about the H100 series coolers is tighten them vary slowly by hand alternating corners,.. till it's just snug then 1/4 turn by hand.

You will get good results on all cores if it's not torqued down tight on one corner or over tightened with a screwdriver,.. I've learned that the hard way,.. lol 

Edited by Braegnok

Thats good to know. I did use a screwdriver.

One thing I learned about the H100 series coolers is tighten them vary slowly by hand alternating corners,.. till it's just snug then 1/4 turn by hand.

You will get good results on all cores if it's not torqued down tight on one corner or over tightened with a screwdriver,.. I've learned that the hard way,.. lol 

Well I went ahead and removed the pump the changed the tim to the AS5 while I was loosening the the thumb screws. What the heck thats why I have it.

Edited by dling

For Intel CPU's there is a positive stop to let you know that you are tightened up correctly. On AMD rigs its more of a guessing game. My suggestion would be for them to put a hard mount together for AMD chips rather than what they use.

I have found that Corsairs TIM application does the trick and works very well.