i7 950 100

Fragsman

Did you crank down the mounting screws evenly and reasonably tightly when they bottomed out?

Ahhh I'm not sure what bottomed out is: I speak english as second language but I think the mounting screws were evenly placed. First I put them pretty tight with a tool, Then I untighted them and only applied hand-force. I saw a video where the guy sows the mounting-thing is not 100% freezed (unmovable) until you connect the pump.

Didn't you measure the Frio'd fit in nicely, why'd you get the H60 (though I'd of also assumed that the H60 would fit in easier too)

Anyway, maybe the motherboard is not uniform or warped, since it seems that all coolers cannot mount it correctly?

No one of the sellers had that. This was the only choice I found searching in many stores (only 2 stores had this). Then I was offered of a Titan Skalli, Loki II and Janus

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, as you can see in the picture the hose/hosepipe is touching the case side where it should be placed the 23cm fan (I cannot install it anymore =/). Instead, in a nigga way, I installed a 12cm Thermaltake fan attaching it with a metalic wire of cooper. See

2vxn4g5.jpg

Temps idle changed now from 47 to 37!!!!!!!!!

Note the ambient is pretty hot. I'm somehow sweating so it must be 30+ inside this room.

Now I am more ok =)

The reason your seeing 2 different cpu temps is the asus program is giving you the cpu temp off a sensor on the mb, while core temp is giving you the temps of each core, which are higher than the cpu temp. TJ max is the temp that the cpu will either start to  throttle down or shut down the pc to protect the cpu. Looks like your tjmax is 100c.

Well. As for what is temperature checking I will see the one that is being informed by AI Suite since all my life used that for checking temps.

For Prime95 testing and comparisson with the guys I can use that tool.

Personally I don't trust that Tjmax. My CPU was at 100

Did you buy that infrared thermometer?

No, I couldn't. It is pretty expensive. Around $600-800 is like half the price of this H60.

I made another test with PUSH-PULL method. Some degrees less. Note the PULL FAN is like 1100+ RPM (not much more than that)

2e0l8nd.png

Little progress for science :P

Maybe the "problem" is my physical processor. My own not model I mean the one I have. Like if it was overheating more than a normal one in good condition. I told you with the stock I was at 100

Edited by Fragsman

AS5 isn't really the cream of the crop, and really with any TIM you're splitting hairs anyway. I'm sure what you have is fine.

Also, if it isn't throttling, I wouldn't worry about, as strange as its behavior appears to be.

Yes I will stop this since I'm a bit obsessive and I spend 50% of work day reading forums, reviews and everything. And pretty much time in my house too.

I cleaned GPU and re-applied thermal paste so changed from 44-95