6 Monitor Build

Onion

I'm doing a 6 monitor build for someone who needs it for stock trading. He runs loads of graphical stuff and needs a ton of ram. How's this setup? 

CPU: i7-4770k

GPU: 2x Gigabyte GTX 660

MOBO: Unsure, see below.

RAM: 16 GB G.Skill Ripjaws

PSU: Corsair HX850 Modular

SSD: Mushkin Chronos 240 GB

HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1 TB

Cooling: Noctua NH-U9B

Monitors: 6x Acer H236HL because of the thin bezel. 

Monitor Stand: Hex Monitor Stand

Not sure about the motherboard. Asus Maximus VI Hero or MSI Z87-G45

AS5 of course. 

He says he doesn't need much storage, its mostly documents and whatnot. I think I'm gonna get rid of that 1 TB drive and get him a slightly bigger SSD. 

Edited by Onion

The only thing you may want to look at changing is that 1TB drive. That have high failure rates, the 2TB drives are much better for reliability but a bigger SSD would solve that issue too. :) Board wise either will do the job, my pick would be the Asus Board. Other then that very solid build :) 

Thanks boss. We aren't going to use a secondary drive after all, he just has a couple pictures on to put on that computer and all his software, so we're gonna go for the 240 gb ssd on its own. Thanks for the input on the motherboard as well, I was leaning towards the Asus. I'll place the order tonight.

Looks good.  Only thing you could save some $ on is PSU.  That build won't need an hx850.  A good 650w would handle that.  A good 750w would give you room for heavy overclocking.  I ran 2x gtx 660's (stock volts not OC) on my old Corsair TX650 with an overclocked 2500k.  Ran it for about a year, no issues at all.

What video card you going to use?  What about gigabyte boards?

GTX 660, like I posted up top. 

I would move up to a 120mm based cooler from Noctua. Their NH-U12S would fit the bill and eliminate any chance of a clearance problem with the heat sink.   

Good idea, didn't think of it, thanks. 

Looks good.  Only thing you could save some $ on is PSU.  That build won't need an hx850.  A good 650w would handle that.  A good 750w would give you room for heavy overclocking.  I ran 2x gtx 660's (stock volts not OC) on my old Corsair TX650 with an overclocked 2500k.  Ran it for about a year, no issues at all.

He might want 3 more monitors in the future, he'll eventually need a third card, I'd rather just play it safe.