Wierd Temp Issue

I will find it.. I just needed what section to look for :) thank you

I looked up the bios of your motherboard and it should be a Phoenix bios.

And you should see a "frequency and voltage control" tab on the right side of the bios.

Here you can adjust the voltage settings of your CPU (cpu vcore should be in that section)

If it is not stable @1.0000, try increasing it with increments of 0.0125 until it is stable.

there is a good chance the motherboard gives your CPU too much voltage and that would be the logical explanation why your temps are so high.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm using the newest drivers with my 560ti SLI setup (332.21 i think) and I'm not having any problems.  However, I just remembered as I was typing this that the last driver previous to this one I was getting all sorts of horrible problems with just BF4.  Random hang ups and crashes.  I did a clean reinstall (just using the function in the nvidia control panel) and have had no more problems.  Then the newest driver came out a week or two later so I did the clean install option again with that one as well.

I actually get worse temps with my case side panel removed.  It has a big fan in it though.  Just sayin.

Also, I think I still have a bunch of brand new 1 year old prolimatech paste I got from the christmas contest last year.  PM me your address and I'll drop a tube in the mail.  

I'm using the newest drivers with my 560ti SLI setup (332.21 i think) and I'm not having any problems.  However, I just remembered as I was typing this that the last driver previous to this one I was getting all sorts of horrible problems with just BF4.  Random hang ups and crashes.  I did a clean reinstall (just using the function in the nvidia control panel) and have had no more problems.  Then the newest driver came out a week or two later so I did the clean install option again with that one as well.

I actually get worse temps with my case side panel removed.  It has a big fan in it though.  Just sayin.

Also, I think I still have a bunch of brand new 1 year old prolimatech paste I got from the christmas contest last year.  PM me your address and I'll drop a tube in the mail.  

We already kinda established it wasn't his GPU :P

He/she is cramping with an I7 that hits 83 C loaded.

Oh, I must of missed that because in the first post he said it wouldn't overheat or go above 49C while playing bf4.  

Well with new TIM and new drivers, something should hopefully work out.  

So idle temp has gone down to 35 and playing BF4 temp has been stable at 84. System has not rebooted at all since the last paste application. 

It was fine even at a lan for 8 hours straight. 

Any good tools out there to test SSD? Thank you 

I dropped the paste in the mail today, you should get it monday.

84C is still pretty hot, right?  It looks like this cpu can run pretty hot but still seems like that is high for just playing games.   I am wondering if the fan is ramping up like it should?  You can use HWMonitor to see all the temps and fan speeds at once:  http://openhardwaremonitor.org/

Also try adjusting fan settings in the bios.  Maybe do a prime95 run how it is now, then change the cpu fan to 100% and run again.  Perhaps the smartfan setting or sensor is off.  Settings are in the bios under pc health status.