Revisiting an old addiction

Boinker

I dont even make it that long. I run it through a series of torture tests then its time to see what it can do. ;) usually that means finding the max stable.clocks for both. Lol... Then worst case senerio i rma it.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Workin' on it, got bitchy at 1100mhz but 1050mhz seems good, I'm upping Memory now. 1500mhz was bitchy, so now I'm at 1450

Just max it out ivy. Lets see it sing

Seems pretty stable at 1050/1450 but I'll try it for the rest of the night and then tomorrow I'll try bumpin each up 20mhz.

Then again, I haven't touched voltage yet so I guess I could do that after I find the farthest I can go with stock voltage.

How have you not touched the voltage yet?!?! I've never waited more than like a week to fiddle with the voltage, normally it's like 2 hours after installing it I'm pushing the voltage a lot higher than I should be... Lol

I'll get there, for now I've found that the memory crash was a false alarm and now I'm at 1600mhz pretty stable but just beat Skyrim so I'll need to throw on another game before I crank it up more :D

I dont even make it that long. I run it through a series of torture tests then its time to see what it can do. ;) usually that means finding the max stable.clocks for both. Lol... Then worst case senerio i rma it.

RMA it??

Also, you guys definitely started the fire because now my laptop is OC'd from 575/900 to 685/1000 and I still have to max the core and the memory has more to go (though 700mhz crashed on the core) :whistling:

Edited by IVIYTH0S

Sometimes i accidently.do something cool. Like get people back into overclocking.

Thanks, I didn't really NEED it yet on my desktop but it will be good to know how high I can go, and just have the profile on hand for when I do.

Naturally my laptop needs all it can get so I *think* that my OC'ing made a difference, downtown Vegas in FONV gives my laptop hell (16FPS-30FPS), the rest of the game is usually above 30FPS though

Edited by IVIYTH0S

I Will work on some more overclocking here before long. Grab some Antifreeze, Dice and get the Putty out again. :) But for now It may be time to remove 2 of the three 480's as this noise is getting old...

Actually I heard that Bishop245 Has a new set of video cards.... I think he needs to Throw down and get some scores going.

When I got back home last week I just ended up gaming instead of benchmarking... Lol.

But I am looking forward to digging deep into the overclocking trenches pretty soon. I'd like to beat boinker in 3dMark... Lol.

So Did some Overclocking tonight. Focused on firestrike as its the one I feel I needed improvement in.

Start Point was from 7243 as per my old score in the thread and I boosted it up Just a little. Bare in mind this is all on air and with the GPU's singing at 100% fan its the best they can do to keep the processor under 90c' Frigging hot really.

Ended with this score so im Happy For now, I just want to make it to 8000 while its cold outside.. Maybe possible and Maybe not...

http://www.3dmark.com/fs/1199245 7,574

Bishop I may be trailing you By a long shot but this hardware still has at least some balls left. :P