Raspberry Pi

Onion

You should do the creepy bear. Its scary.

I wouldn't do it either...never did come up with a convincing enough reason to get a pi.

Same here, they've always seemed really cool but none of their uses ever were enough for me to buy one.

Not even for $35? You could automate backups with it. O_o

I wouldn't do it either...never did come up with a convincing enough reason to get a pi.

Same here, they've always seemed really cool but none of their uses ever were enough for me to buy one.

My backups are already automated within Windows -- I don't need to write my own dumb script to do that...

My backups are already automated within Windows -- I don't need to write my own dumb script to do that...

How about a nice little portable media center?

Like an android device or iPad that I already have? lol. Besides that I'd need a screen or something to plug it into -- that's not free...

Like an android device or iPad that I already have? lol. Besides that I'd need a screen or something to plug it into -- that's not free...

FM transmitter?

FM transmitter?

I have one of those already. Don't like em...rather use AUX or USB. lol

FM transmitter?

No, not for those purposes. For the fun of "stealing" a radio station and playing whatever the hell you'd like. Its especially hilarious in the car. 

Got one, an E350 that handles everything but direct bluray rips and has full Windows 7 on it. (which admittedly costed more but now that the money's spend it's "free" lol)

BluePanda, on 04 Aug 2013 - 10:13 PM, said:

+1 I manually update all of my stuff (Desktop, laptop, external, flash drive and phone) monthly because I want to make sure it's done right everytime and I don't mind the slight inconvenience.

BluePanda, on 04 Aug 2013 - 11:09 PM, said:

Onion, on 04 Aug 2013 - 10:47 PM, said:

FM transmitter?

+1 again

Lady and gentlemen... I present to you, the annoying pi!

Plays random beeps, noises, scary sounds, etc, at random intervals. Hide it inside something to make it impossible to find, yet deviously annoying. Definitely doing that at school next semester...

I don't have a rPi, but I do have a PogoPlug that is running Debian. I have it set up to use FlexGet to auto-download tv-shows from an RSS feed, run Transmission, SSH and VPN server. Soon I'll have it setup to use OwnCloud and BT-Sync as I try and move all my data off the cloud.

Plays random beeps, noises, scary sounds, etc, at random intervals. Hide it inside something to make it impossible to find, yet deviously annoying. Definitely doing that at school next semester...

like this except it only costs $10? I've never really figured out what I would do with one. A freind of mine has one and I don't think he's done anything with it either.

like this except it only costs $10? I've never really figured out what I would do with one. A freind of mine has one and I don't think he's done anything with it either.

I used to have an annoy-a-tron. Absolute piece of junk. Stopped working after a week.