Raspberry Pi

Onion

Posted from my raspberry pi! :D Running raspbian right now. Its choppy, of course, since its only a 700 mhz (OCed to 800 mhz already lol) ARM processor, but it does fairly well for what it is. I've also picked out a use for it. Its going to be a security system! I'm going to wire up a webcam for it to detect motion, and if it detects after being armed (probably via a command sent from my phone), it'll notify me by text/phone, play a loud sound through my stereo, and I'll see if I can get it to email me a photo of what tripped the alarm. I've got a week or two to figure this all out, I'm sure its not too bad, people have done it before. 

Posted from my raspberry pi! :D Running raspbian right now. Its choppy, of course, since its only a 700 mhz (OCed to 800 mhz already lol) ARM processor, but it does fairly well for what it is. I've also picked out a use for it. Its going to be a security system! I'm going to wire up a webcam for it to detect motion, and if it detects after being armed (probably via a command sent from my phone), it'll notify me by text/phone, play a loud sound through my stereo, and I'll see if I can get it to email me a photo of what tripped the alarm. I've got a week or two to figure this all out, I'm sure its not too bad, people have done it before. 

Get a bluetooth adapter so you can disable it when your phone is near it. You could probably also use Tasker to autosend the commands when it connects and disconnects from your home WiFi.