Bad day thread

Pteroduck

That does suck! If you know where you are gonna be for awhile I have a laptop HDD sitting here on my desk I can send out tomorrow if you want. It's only a 160 gb but it will do in a pinch.

Well, was getting everything together tonight to leave for Texas tomorrow, step mother had me check her computer chair as it was wobbling so I did. Found the issue and was in the process of fixing it. Now, while doing this, my laptop is hooked up to her net in the same room downloading updates getting ready to be imaged. In comes my father to "Help" with the chair.

The room the PC in is small, I mean small.

Father plops down when I'm about done fixing the chair and all the sudden "THUNK". . . . . . laptop + ground = now dead HDD. I get up to get on a bus in 10 hours that starts a 34 hour bus/train/bus trip to Texas and now I have no working laptop for movies, music and absolutely no time or money to buy/install/and setup another HDD. I am now the proud owner of a paper weight.

I know my father means well and he wants to feel useful but there's a reason I end up fixing their cars, fixing everything around their house and why I'm going into design engineering. I swear, if I ever have children smarter and better at a given task than me, I'ma enjoy the fact that they are fixin my shit free of charge and leave em at it lol.

That does suck! If you know where you are gonna be for awhile I have a laptop HDD sitting here on my desk I can send out tomorrow if you want. It's only a 160 gb but it will do in a pinch.

Well, was getting everything together tonight to leave for Texas tomorrow, step mother had me check her computer chair as it was wobbling so I did. Found the issue and was in the process of fixing it. Now, while doing this, my laptop is hooked up to her net in the same room downloading updates getting ready to be imaged. In comes my father to "Help" with the chair.

The room the PC in is small, I mean small.

Father plops down when I'm about done fixing the chair and all the sudden "THUNK". . . . . . laptop + ground = now dead HDD. I get up to get on a bus in 10 hours that starts a 34 hour bus/train/bus trip to Texas and now I have no working laptop for movies, music and absolutely no time or money to buy/install/and setup another HDD. I am now the proud owner of a paper weight.

I know my father means well and he wants to feel useful but there's a reason I end up fixing their cars, fixing everything around their house and why I'm going into design engineering. I swear, if I ever have children smarter and better at a given task than me, I'ma enjoy the fact that they are fixin my shit free of charge and leave em at it lol.

Only 160 GB, yet some of us are running SSDs as our only drives with less capacity than that. :lol: 

Overall, its not fun. :( My right arm is useless, more or less.

Bah... just drink a few beers, it work itsself out.

Dry college campus ftl. :( 

Is it fixable?

The shoulder? Not really. Just pills, physical therapy, and hopefully it gets fixed before my rotator cuff tears. Mostly its just not using it and waiting. 

Edited by Onion

Is it fixable?

The shoulder? Not really. Just pills, physical therapy, and hopefully it gets fixed before my rotator cuff tears. Mostly its just not using it and waiting. 

Lucky it's not your wrist then eh? :teehee:

Is it fixable?

Lucky it's not your wrist then eh? :teehee:

I am engaged, you know? :lol:

Sick. Again. Yay.

Nice immune system you got there. :P