SimCity (2013)

_TheAlexO

As much a fan as I was of all the Sim* games...I'm not planning on buying this sad sap. :P

I mean SimCity, SimCopter, SimSafari...those were good. Hell even SimCity2000. But this sad DRM crap and not being able to play due to server issues is BS and I won't have it. I'll get me a copy of SimCity 4 and be happy. :P

So I had a pretty good city going, but it seems there is never any room to put stuff once you get going....

I found myself having to destory a bunch of buildings, and then I wound up in a hole and it just spiraled out of control... 

So I had a pretty good city going, but it seems there is never any room to put stuff once you get going....

I found myself having to destory a bunch of buildings, and then I wound up in a hole and it just spiraled out of control... 

I think the highest total population I've reached is around 220k with mostly a grid city, few curved roads.

To really get high population you need to have other cities in the region so you can send all your trash, sewage, and shoppers to. That way you can have basically all residential in one city while another has all the shops and jobs. 

New update from Maxis.

The new servers we rolled out have a new faster set up.  We are now dedicated to updating our original servers so that those of you who have been playing these past few days can get the benefits on servers where your cities are played. To do this, we will have to take the original servers down one by one to upgrade them. The improvements will be worth the downtime, and thanks for hanging with us as we do this. We