can't find a apogee xt o-ring

ir_cow

Same as the title, I can't find a replacement Swiftech XT o-ring. any ideas past buying a new block?

Well, o-rings in the AC on your car hold pressures of over 100psi and fuel line o-rings hold anywhere from 50 to 100+ psi. So, IMHO they should work find in a computer cooling system.

hmm, well i could do that if its my last resort. It's not my water block so if I take it apart I have to fix it by the end of the day. thats why i wanted to order a o-ring online but all i can find is a top block repacement for $20.

Automotive quality o-rings are likely to be better than what us stock as they have to deal with greater extremes if temp and pressure. Also with a hundred and one different sizes and thickness at only a few cents each its too easy.

Automotive quality o-rings are likely to be better than what us stock as they have to deal with greater extremes if temp and pressure. Also with a hundred and one different sizes and thickness at only a few cents each its too easy.

yeah, i used a couple of those to serve as spacers(cause i need much pressure for a good heatsink/chip contact) for my North Bridge heat sink since i cannot find any sort of tiny plastic screws to do the job. and it worked like a charm :)