Election day gamble!

Onion

Who do you think will win the election?  

49 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you think will win the election?

• Romney
    • Obama
    • Other

Unfortunately, in four years there will be many companies (like ours for example) that couldn't weather another four years and that means another 120 people out of work and standing in the unemployment line. Possibly losing cars, homes, savings and any semblance of a normal life.

And for everyone that believes most (or many corporations) pay no taxes or as little as 4% in Federal Income Taxes - you are so miss-informed or blinded by hatred that you don't have any grasp on reality. The average Corporate income tax rate in the US is 36% as of the most recent IRS statistics.

I'm not sure i've you've realised but i live in Australia. And an election which we have zero say in and has minimal impact on the average Australian has been dominating up to 50% of news coverage here for the last few days as if it were our own election. That's the reason i'm waiting for the news to die down and not have to deal with it for another 4 years. I have nothing against anyone and their opinions or economic futures, i'm just sick of it dominating our news like it matters to me the average Australian citizen.

I'm not going to comment on anything related to amounts of tax paid by who. I work in tax accounting here and that poop is complicated enough. From what i've gathered our tax system is very, very, very different to the US.

Just for the record Wev, I don't think anyone's against small business. It's more so the big business with major offshore holdings, millions in tax returns, and job outsourcing that most people gripe against
:withstupid:

Minimizing taxes is the expected behavior. I'm not talking about this morally as to right or wrong, so the only thing that makes it 'worse' when a corporation tries to get out of paying taxes is that the difference in the amounts being reduced. As in, which is worse for a salesman, missing out on a million dollar profit deal or a one dollar profit deal? Neither option is morally wrong, but one is definitely considered worse.

If you want to see more tax income, you fix the loopholes that would return the largest increase in tax revenue, which corporations are a better choice than an individual, and that is one of the reasons the focus is on corporations.

:withstupid: nailed it in one.

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic