What is your current game?

VaporX

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Haven't actually tried it to be fair, did play F2 and that sucked balls personally.

I might give this a shot soon though, might.

Are you more into arcade racing games (Burnout/Need for Speed) or simulation racing games (Gran Turismo/Forsa Motorsports)?? That should tell you whether you should even spend one minute in F4 :P

A bit off-topic but I am looking for a new open world game, Skyrim is getting stale. Thoughts on Fallout New Vegas? 30 bucks for Ultimate Edition.

Not quite open world but try Dishonored. As Nephilumos noted in his post, there are so many ways to approach things in Dishonored that to me it feels more open world then Skyrim does.

If you are assigned to assassinate someone, you can go right up to them for the pure blood rush and off them ...and pure combat is fast paced. Or you can wait in the shadows, try and pick pocket them even if someone is with them and then fire a crossbow bolt into them and slink off. Or you can poison their drink if you want to follow the storyline. Or you can set up a trap and have something explode on them, which might take out the other person ... who you could be assigned to protect. Or you can hide in the shadows, fire a sleep dart to which the game goes into super slow mo so you have time to make an escape. Or you can use your super powers to accomplish either a brutal kill or a non-leathal take down. All of these are options for your very first assassination target. You can sabotage your target's plan, which causes them to change their plans so they go to another room, sometimes a secret room, and you can take care of them there in a method of your choosing.

So many options and the game rewards (and punishes) you for your choices. Paths you take in the game affect what you see later in the game (e.g. more hoards of rats that devour anything or "zombies"). If you like sneaking and pure stealth games this game is very rewarding and you will want to upgrade the Blink ability like NOW! Upgraded Blink is honestly one of the best super power purchases. One of the coolest super powers and yet ...its not.

It is like Thief or the first Deus Ex. If these guys made a series what Mass Effect promised it would be built right because this is exactly what I expected of MassEffect. With more time and a bigger budget it could be a truly epic game.

Are you more into arcade racing games (Burnout/Need for Speed) or simulation racing games (Gran Turismo/Forsa Motorsports)?? That should tell you whether you should even spend one minute in F4 :P

I find Burnout to be the best from that bunch and the earlier NFS games, the run was decent though. Haven't played GT.. but i've played F1 2010/11/12 which was kind of good but got boring real quick.

I'm dying for a new burnout game, been ~5 yrs since paradise

Forza 4 is pretty good for realism - I have a Aston Martin DB5 for the 'James Bond' feel :)

I find them a bit hard to control. I've got an 00 cobra R because it's so similar to my old car, a BMW 2002, class S, Toyota MR2 class A, and a couple other great cars. I'm level 31, only had the game for 4 days. :lol: