5770 to 7850

GabrielT

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He don't hate on the Propus quads, those are diamonds in the rough for budget gaming machines. I used to hate on them until I built two and overclocked them, old school overclocking experience with very commendable performance for quads you can pick up for ~$60!!

What resolution is she running at?

She's running 1920x1080 and she sure likes the eye candy turned up. The bottleneck may or may not show itself, I am guessing it will not for the games she plays. WOW, the Witcher 2 and Assassins Creed among others wont provide to much of a challenge but games can get CPU intensive at times so a nicely clocked 1055 should do the trick. I m temped to drop in a FX-8120 simply because her MOBO is AM3+ ready and they supposedly run cooler which sounds like OCing headroom to me.

People say wow isn't much of a challenge to run but that was 4 expansion packs ago, DX11 and tons and tons of updates later wow looks nothing like the original content. Her 5770 is always screaming away and it doesn't seem to be able to keep up even on medium settings which she isn't happy with anyways. I can't help but think her CPU is slowing things down a little already.

Edited by GabrielTessin

She's running 1920x1080 and she sure likes the eye candy turned up. The bottleneck may or may not show itself, I am guessing it will not for the games she plays. WOW, the Witcher 2 and Assassins Creed among others wont provide to much of a challenge but games can get CPU intensive at times so a nicely clocked 1055 should do the trick. I m temped to drop in a FX-8120 simply because her MOBO is AM3+ ready and they supposedly run cooler which sounds like OCing headroom to me.

People say wow isn't much of a challenge to run but that was 4 expansion packs ago, DX11 and tons and tons of updates later wow looks nothing like the original content. Her 5770 is always screaming away and it doesn't seem to be able to keep up even on medium settings which she isn't happy with anyways. I can't help but think her CPU is slowing things down a little already.

If you're going to upgrade get her something good :P (Phenom X6, or maybe roll the dice with a 960T or something)

Bad news, Card was DOA :/ kinda bummed.

Newegg was nice enough to send me a free shipping label so I will probably buck up and buy her an XFX card. XFX has always been good to me.

Edited by GabrielTessin

with open box if you send it back will they give you another?? I know the warranty is shorter but I thought they test the cards or assuredly wouldn't try and resell a known bad card right?

No they wont exchange it. I said the same thing and that is what got me the shipping label. I'm a little bummed but whatever...

I do love oreos, however I do not like the term "YOLO".

I figure since the 7950 is arguably the best value in mid to high end graphics why not?

I will be able to stretch this card for awhile as well, it's not like I buy graphics cards often.

Graphics cards don't get better as you own them, you are stuck with what you choose until you chose to upgrade.

Yeah I could go the route of buying a 5770-7850-8850-9950 route as the years tick by but I am not all for that. Both my wife and I have decent jobs for once and we might as well live it up.

Edited by GabrielTessin

I do love oreos, however I do not like the term "YOLO".

I figure since the 7950 is arguably the best value in mid to high end graphics why not?

I will be able to stretch this card for awhile as well, it's not like I buy graphics cards often.

Graphics cards don't get better as you own them, you are stuck with what you choose until you chose to upgrade.

Yeah I could go the route of buying a 5770-7850-8850-9950 route as the years tick by but I am not all for that. Both my wife and I have decent jobs for once and we might as well live it up.

haha

yeah it sure is (I thought long and hard about getting mine, it just has the best place in the market)

The vram will help this card last a long time since it seems like vram requirements seem to be increasing in new games

Yeah, they're not like CPUs which get better as that actually get utilized lol. Is my i7 really being taxed by anything right now? :D

Yeah, that gets tiresome after a while it's better to get the jewel of the market and then cruise for a while