Armstrong stripped of 7 Tour De France titles

Onion

Actually this is the reason he quit....

Ever since the First win he had to take drug screenings and was accused of doping.... it cost him thousands of dollars to defend himself against the charges all to prove he wasn't and he has passed all test and it has cost him financially. Every win he's had there has been more doping allegations of which he's had to prove he wasn't doping.... over the last 7 wins this has cost him a few million dollars to prove he's been legit... there comes a time you just gotta say screw it....

He's passed every test and has underwent every test of which he's had to pay for and legal fees and court cost... this time he said screw it and throwing in the towel is an admission to guilt in the court system....

Why should one person win but then spend all their money defending that win or wins...? kinda takes the fun out of winning doesn't it?

All I'm saying is if you've got enough money to pay for the lawyers.......................................................O.J.Simson?

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No, he meant crock.

I said Crock. as in Crock of Crap.

Please have your local Doctor adjust your eye glass prescription. Or adjust to the proper monitor res.

Guys, it is not what you think. It was just a typo which has now been corrected.

Sorry guys.

I was lucky enough to have seen all the Tours that Armstrong won via Channel 4 then ITV I think. OK, certain luminaries such as Marco Pantani (R.I.P), decided to succumb to the good ole smarties and such like. The likes of Jan Ulrich also simply did the same due to Armstrong being so strong. I do not think he knowingly took any banned substance. With the Festina Affair I always thought that Armstrong would have been caught out. As a brit fan of Armstrong, I maintain that he was clean. Probably missed a trick with this, but what has an European race got to do with the US doping clowns anyway.

All I have to say is, if they can't figure out if he doped or not over many years with 100+ tests, yet they successfully can test stored old blood samples to identify cheaters retroactively as new techniques/drugs discovered, they should just quit their jobs for failing so spectacularly, if they really believe he cheated.

That and if this is what you can do without doping in some way, can't we make an alternate system for people to dope up their bodies. I'd pay to watch that. That probably makes me a bad person somehow though :whistling:

All I have to say is, if they can't figure out if he doped or not over many years with 100+ tests, yet they successfully can test stored old blood samples to identify cheaters retroactively as new techniques/drugs discovered, they should just quit their jobs for failing so spectacularly, if they really believe he cheated.

That and if this is what you can do without doping in some way, can't we make an alternate system for people to dope up their bodies. I'd pay to watch that. That probably makes me a bad person somehow though :whistling:

Someone I know suggested a sort of system you allude to. In case though, the system would work by letting cyclists take EPO's at the end of a stage to equalise to others whom take more powerful stuff. It makes sense in a perverse way ofc.